Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving to Serre Chevalier - what big supermarkets are on the way from Turin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me if there are any big supermarkets on the way from Turin to Serre Chevalier. I want to try and get provisions before I hit Briancon. I will be staying in Villeneuve.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why before Briancon? Briancon is where the big supermarkets are! I think there's at least an Auchan there? On the way from Turin it's Motorway, wiggly road up & over Montgenevre then wiggly road back down into Briancon basically...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a big supermarket in Briancon, but right at the Serre Chevalier end of town
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Depends what you want to buy I guess, but we managed just fine for a week shopping at the Huit a Huit in Chantemerle, pretty sure I saw some others in the area too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Joey, two big supermarkets in Briancon, Geant and Champion. You will pass Geant as you arrive. Champion is on the retail park on the road to Gap. There is a supermarket in Oulx I think. Villeneuve has a well-stocked Sherpa too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is a very large (biggest I've ever been in) cheapish supermarket in Collegno off the motoway in Turin. You can see it from the ringroad, but can't remember which exit. Its a carrefour and is halfway between the exit for the Susa Valley (i.e. direction of Serre Che) and motorway junction for the airport.

http://www.carrefour.it/c4itiper/c4itiper/dovesiamo_ipermercato?ipermercato=O9

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

There is also numerous supermarkets in Briancon. A Champion on the industrial estate to the south, a Geant on the main roundabout where you turn off towards Chantemerle and Villeneuve. This has already been explained by others.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy