Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cost of a service

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, my board has had one weeks use on a holiday last year and I thought it should at least get a wax when I get to the resort for this years holiday.

I'll be in austria so how much should I expect to pay for a wax? and how much would a service be? also how long would a service take?

Cheers.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
does your board actually need a service or just a wax and edge done? after just a week's use last season, it's unlikely it'll need a full service, unless it was badly damaged and/or you've used it since then. getting a full service in resort could mean you possibly only get your board back after a few days - it's not likely to be done overnight.

when i had my board waxed & edged overnight in switzerland (nendaz) last season it cost me chf15 (~£8 ).

i've just had my board serviced in london and it took about 10 days to do and cost £25.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah I think just a wax and edge should do it, just wanted to plan my budget a bit better- thanks for the info sherlock235.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
np Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wax and edge in tignes last year €24, overnight. oh wait that's about £25 now right?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For the miles you've done on yours, unless you aim for every rock you see, wax and egde it yourself. Only when I need a base grind do I hand it over...........

For the cost of wax, an old iron, a decent carbide/diamond file and a cheap/home made (90 deg) file holder, you'll probably do as good as the yts/et/saturday kid in the board shop. Not only you get to do it time and time again for free, you learn about, and probably better look after your gear too.

Plenty of info on YouTube as regards what to do.

De-tune the nose/tail while you're at it.

John.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
60 francs or 80 where I work, 60 gets you a wax, base and edges, 80 gets you all that plus repairs.
Little known fact, dont know if its the same everywhere, taking the bindings off yourself gets a reduction of 15 francs as the staff dont have to dick about writing angles and stance width down.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stab, your shop doesn't exactly advertise that fact.... Puts the prices the same as a ski service iirc Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ronald, exactly, I dont know why. Its a lot less work for me. A snowboard service is actually more than a ski one, this is something I dont understand. A ski is longer and is 2 pieces.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stab, found that out in La Plagne. Took my board in with bindings on, charged (then) €20. Took just the board in, no bindings, charged €15. Madness...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Specialman, I would say it takes me an hour each day writing stance and angles down, taking off and putting back on bindings for service boards. I push the 15 francs thing as much as I can.
It's because the board cant go through the base grinder with bindings on.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy