Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off Piste near Salzburg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am flying to Salzburg in mid January with a gang of boarders.
I was wondering what is the best resort within a reasonable drive from salzburg for off piste.
It is only a long weekend trip so hoping to keep the drive within about 1.5h

Also looking for a resort with a good apri Ski & night life.

We wanted to go to Kitzbhuel but couldnt as the race was on. Was thinking of maybe Saalbach or Mayrhofen.

Any suggestions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any ideas anyone?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Could try Zauchensee, with in the ski amade area, 50-60mins from salzburg. Fantastic area on a powder day, stacks of very good tree skiing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My son said that too, or the connected runs of Haus,Schladming,Hochwürzen and Reiteralm, more off-piste than you could shake a stick at and the nightlife in Schladming is great, especially the newly built Hohenhaus Tenne, which if you believe the publicity, is THE biggest apres ski hut in Europe.Anyone care to confirm??
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Certainly the Tenne is the larget apres ski hut I can see from my window. The few times I've been there it's been pretty quiet, whether it picks up later a night i'm not sure. I guess it takes time for new place to catch on. Not been there this season, no babysitter. The 4 local hills here have off piste though the best bits are hidden in the trees so not too obvious. The Dachstein glacier offers some serious touring and off piste but guide would be required. Something i'm hoping to do later this season. Another area worth checking is Krippenstein in Dachstein West, heard good stuff about the off piste but never been there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the Info guys.
I actually ended up booking accomodation in Mayrhofen since i last checked this site.
So hopefully that will do the trick.
Will keep your spots in mind for next time.
At least the snow is looking good.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy