Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck - Best place near City

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been able to add on a day to a business trip for some much needed skiing. Does anyone know which resort is best and how to get there from the centre. I am a good skier but will be on my own so no off piste I am afraid.

Cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Plenty of resorts easily reachable. One option is St Anton - you can take the train stright into the village, right next to the lifts. Takes just over an hour.

http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/winter/userfiles/PDFs/Zug_St.Anton-Innsbruck_09.pdf
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Free buses to lots of resorts. From Innsbruck I've skied Stubai glacier and Axamer Lizum. The former was a long bus ride and in my opinion overrated. The latter was a shorter bus ride and in my opinion underrated. For a day of on piste action close to the city, that's the way I'd go.

Others can comment on the other resorts reachable from the city.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can't get much closer than Igls or Mutters, within five miles of Innsbuck and should be cheap in a taxi. Neustift is also very close and offers some good skiing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Depending on time of year, for a day Schlick is much easier than Stubai or Igls is close by.
Have a look here: http://www.travelplan.com.au/resort.ski/id/4740 for some ideas.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Forgot about the Nordpark! Depending on where you're staying in Innsbruck and the scheduling of your business trip you could get some skiing in over lunch!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As already mentioned, Igls or Mutters, both accessible by tram from the city. Never skiied Igls but Mutters is well worth a visit (for a day anyway).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've never skied Igls or Mutters but these are the classic (Franz Klammer) Olympic pistes. Axamer Lizum is fine and should have good snow on both sides of the valley just now. St. Anton seems a bit far away for a day, great though it is.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 18-12-08 19:10; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowheadred, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

One option is St Anton

St Anton is great - but seems a bit daft to trail all the way there when (as other SHs have said) there is great skiing on the doorstep from Innsbruck Puzzled
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks guys. first time I've used this forum and I'm really impressed. I'll report back in January.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agree with mountainaddict, St Anton is a bit of a trek when Innsbruck is surrounded by great skiing anyway, and with just a day, you want to spend as much time on the snow as possible, plus there isn't time to get bored so you don't need a big ski area. Agree with ami in berlin, that Axamer Lizum might be good, but there are loads of places near the city - Mutters, Igls, Schlick, etc. This map http://www3.innsbruck.info/winter/winterpanorama.pdf has all the 'local' areas to Innsbruck on it.

Glad you like snowHead and hope you to see you back soon!

D

PS you don't have to wait until you can report in January, you can join the fun now and start obsessive posting about what the snow might or might not be like, which pistes you want to ski first, how many layers you might need and where you might have lunch!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy