Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thoughts on Elan snowboards

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
... particularly the Vertigo. Any feed back?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bar shaker, I have an Elan Paragon 158. Amazing board that loads of my mates reckon is better than their GNU, Burton and Ride efforts.

Think it's a 2003/2004 model. Bought it used off ebay in mint condition (bar a small slice from a skier on the rear) for £35. Crazy (read cheesy) graphic of a naked bird on the top and a bright orange base and sides with just a large Elan logo on the base in black.

Took it out to Val last week and put it up against my Stepchild Sick freestyle 159 and my bes mate's GNU Carbon High Beam and the Elan kicked the back bottom out of them. Miles faster and so much more controllable, especially on choppy terrain where you need that quick response time to put in quick turns.

Unfortunately I ended up scraping the base on a few rocks (ribbons of base material hanging off the bottom) and it now looks like it's done about 10 seasons!! Smile But, I'm totally sold on Elan boards and considering they make something like 60% of the world's boards (or so I read in a few different mags) I think I'll be buying another Elan.

Where you buying from? European shop or a UK dealer? Let me know if you get a good deal because I'm seriously thinking about a new board for the next trip. Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've seen a new 08 in the States for $249. I'd heard the name was good and at that price it would be worth it if it only lasted a season. Unfortunately I have left it too late before I go (leaving for France on Mon night).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seen loads in France when I've been out there but I doubt you'd get one at that price over there. You might get it on totally lightspeed delivery Smile
Which shop you going through?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have a butchers at this: http://uk.youtube.com/v/gZ9GFWLpt_E

The guy with the bandsaw is lightning fast!!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I saw it HERE

Now out of stock Shocked I'm sure it was in stock earlier. Shocked Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
elan basically make everyones boards for them so they must be ok.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stab, that's what I'd heard. They have my thumbs up (if tha counts for anything...) Smile

bar shaker, bought from them before. Great service and pretty good P&P costs. Mind you, buying out of the UK is frowned upon by some snowHeads - I got a rollocking for suggesting it once.

You just need to work out P&P and then import duty. Mind you, 9/10 times it's still miles cheaper. You just have to wait a while for it to arrive
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
if a board says made in austria then its a good chance it was elan who made it. Nitro I know for sure are made by them.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think I remember reading in Whitelines last year that there's only Burton, Ride/K2 and Mervin (Libtech/GNU) who do their own boards in their own factories. Everything is made to specific order at Elan
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I believe Nidecker make their own too but I'm not convinced they do all of it.

So Elan make Rome and Nitro? That's interesting.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stab, if it's made in Europe and has a wood core then it's probably Elan.

bar shaker, pm Eisbar (think that's his username) he might be able to help you out.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This is an old post i Know but for those that are interested Elan Snowboards are now being distributed in the UK please find us on Face book ElansnowboardsUK.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi elansnowboardsuk, welcome to Snowheads - What happened about the factory in Austria - Did production move to Slovinia, or were the reports of its demise premature?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Its business as usual. I have the 2014 samples infront of me right now and they look epic!
production has moved to Slovinia but i can assure you that Elan snowboards have a good future ahead. We have many great riders accross the globe who are getting noticed in video parts and contests. if anyone needs information on where they can find out more about the Brand i will be happy to help.

Regards

Ben
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy