Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Movement Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

I'm in the market for some new skis and wondered if any of you had any experience with the Movement Yaka Jam skis? I've done a search and could only really find one thread and most people had only skied them in the dome - anyone got any opinions on them?

A bit of background - I'm 32 and about 5'10" and 11 stone. Been skiing since age 5 and would like to think I'm pretty good, but realise I'm no hero unfortunately!! When conditions allow off piste powder is favourite, but realistically conditions don't always provide for that unfortunately so something that is also decent on piste would be handy - I realise that such a ski is always going to be a compromise, but just looking for opinions. Planning a winter next year in the USA following the powder around, so (fingers crossed) they will be used for a fair bit of powder.

Anyway, I was thinking along the lines of Salomon Lords or K2 Apache but today the man in my local shop threw a curve ball in by suggesting the Yaka Jams. Have to admit that I'd not heard of Movement before so thought I'd retire to do a bit of research before diving in too quickly - which is where you come in.

Does anyone have any thoughts on them? Or indeed any other suggestions? Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Cheers
Billy M
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Billy M, don't know about Yaka Jams but I have a pair of Sparks and I like them, also know a man who had Joysticks and liked those. Mine have funky Swiss apples on the base too snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Movement skis *rock* I got some FLames last season and they totally tranformed me skiing, they were an absolute revelation! Have skiied Pocket rockets for the lkast four years, tried various other skis along the way like K2 Apache (recon and crossfire), Dynastar 8800s and Rossi B2s, some were ok and some were not but even the best didn;t get me wanting to change from my "supernoodles" - but the Flames were brilliant. This season I've obtained some Movement Gladiators which are longer and fatter. My Flames may be available for purchase if yo;re interested - you;re around the same size as me, I have a boot sol lenth of 306mm and the bindingd are adjstable up to around the 320mm mark....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shouldn't it be chocolate or cheese? Or even knives?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Billy M, William Tell Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nbt, thanks for the response.

So far I've only really looked into the Yaka Jams as they seemed to be the ideal ski in their range for me, but will have a read around about the Flames. Do let me know if you decide to go ahead and sell them.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah, crossbows! And arrows. Not the Phil The Power Taylor kind though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Billy M, i'll be on a pair of yaka jams in tignes next week if you can wait that long. i'll post a review when i've had a chance to play on them....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
reality, certainly can - I'm not going away until 24th Jan so no great hurry. Thanks for that, I'd really appreciate hearing how they go...

Regardless of skis, it would seem you're on for a great week with all that snow. Great timing, have fun!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Billy M,

Have a look at

http://pureridersco.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_30&sort=20a&page=1
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy