Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bad news/Good news?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, I got an email from BMI telling me my flight on Tues 13th January has been cancelled (I was due to go Tuesday to Satruday with a group of friends)... the good news is they offered me the Monday instead. This means even more skiing... how terrible!

Joking apart, it is lucky that we have 2 apartments (one being our own) which are available for the extra day, it is also costing us extra on the car hires and everyone has to have an extra day off work. Good job my boss is OK with it (the wife that is). Laughing snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, a friend coming out to stay with us in January has just emailed to say that their return flight, booked for Monday 12th, has been changed to Sunday 11th. Which unfortunately gives them one LESS day. It's a pain, really, that they are doing this - it could be very awkward in some cases.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are now facing a 160 CHF taxi from Visp to Zermatt as our Thomsonfly flights to Zermatt were cancelled and the only workable and non extortionate alternative gets us to Geneva too late for the last through train to Zermatt (we have bought Swiss Rail Transfer tickets).

We booked everything independently to keep costs down and we have still done okay but it could have been mush worse. I don't think I will risk it again where flights are involved, only with my beloved ferry. If we had had a package it would have been their problem and they would have arranged and absorbed the cost of the new schedule of flights and transfers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, Tell them I will enjoy their lost day Laughing
Hullite, I guess this is the problem with being independent, and having done it for many years now, it is the first time this has happened to me. I just hope it doesn;t change again between now and then. I am lucky as I work for myself - it has been more awkward for others.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons (if any) given for the cancellations? Or is it just down to the credit crunch?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Travel insurance claims? compensation for the cancellation under EU regs might be an option.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mustdash, no reason given, I assume given the fact that it was a Tuesday flight, it is probably "lack of interest" - just hope the Monday flight is sufficiently full to run.

holidayloverxx, Would be an option, but given the price of flights hardly worth it. TBH, I am quite please snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've just had some bad news. The TV has stopped working at home. Something to do with there being too much snow on the Sat dish.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy