Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last minute skiing trip over Xmas period? (24th-28th?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Recently, I've found myself with an unusually long Xmas break from the 24th Dec-28th Dec, and since I don't really celebrate Xmas, I thought I might go skiing, as I've heard this season is very good. Normally, I'd settle for the "easy" option of booking a package holiday, but all packages I've looked at seems to be 99% 7 night affairs which doesn't really work for me very well...

So I've been looking into sorting out my own holiday, but it seems awfully complicated. The extent of my experience is three package holidays in Soldeau - but I consider myself fairly competent (i.e. can ski down a hard-ish red, although maybe a bit too rusty for blacks!).

My friend who's way more experienced than me mentioned Serre Chevalier, and whilst apparently there are overnight trains to Briancon according to the Serre Chevalier website, I can't seem to find them Sad

So, I was wondering if anyone could help me work out a trip to Serre Chevalier please! Sad Or something similar....? It doesn't need to be Serre Chevalier, as long as it's reasonably cheap (sub-£400?)

TIA!

EDIT: I _could_ take a "regular" 7-days package holiday if there's something reasonably decent & cheap, but that'd mean taking 2 days off work (Mon & Tues), which I'd prefer to avoid if I can!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mrdini, welcome to SnowHeads. The sleeper trains run from Paris Gare d'Austerlitz to Briancon, but they may be full by now. Try contacting Melanie ( info @ eurekaski . com without the spaces) , she may be able to find you accommodation, or you could try the tourist office. www.serre-chevalier.com

Link for trains http://www.raileurope.co.uk/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Mrdini, welcome to SnowHeads. The sleeper trains run from Paris Gare d'Austerlitz to Briancon, but they may be full by now. Try contacting Melanie ( info @ eurekaski . com without the spaces) , she may be able to find you accommodation, or you could try the tourist office. www.serre-chevalier.com

Link for trains http://www.raileurope.co.uk/

Yeah - I've had a look at Rail Europe, and either the website's broken (it seems to be really finicky with train times), or the overnight trains are full - as I cannot seem to find any overnight trains Sad

Will keep eurekaski in mind, if I manage to find transportation...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mrdini, flights to Turin from Luton, Gatwick and Stansted too. There is also the TGV to Oulx from Paris as well . And flights to Marseille, or Grenoble.................... Can also try French railway site www.sncf.fr
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy