Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel overheight

Poster: A snowHead
I have just received a general update e-mail from Eurotunnel, one noticeable point made was this regarding overheight.
I suspect that a few people will be caught out on this point!

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I always advise them on booking. They always ask.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, Ah yeah but they have now changed the 'drop down' on the booking page. No mention of over or under 1.85m. Now asks if you will have a roof box or just a car. Going to cause issues that one.......
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen Beaumont, Ah yes, can't book on line with clubcards points Toofy Grin . I'm dreading the day Tesco and Eurotunnel pull that one Confused
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The picture above is a Renault Megane (I think) with a roof box, surely that wont be overheight? If it is there are indeed a few people in for a surprise! I wonder if they will start charging a supplement for overheight soon?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, I would imagine most cars with a roof box would be over 1.85m?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller, I know and X trail isn't but a Disco is without anything on the roof. Toofy Grin

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 17-12-08 14:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller wrote:
Boredsurfing, I would imagine most cars with a roof box would be over 1.85m?

Yes indeed. We have Lexus with roof bars but no box and we only just make it through normal channel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing, our x-trail with roofbox is over 1.85 . 1750 without, although even when we didn't book overheight, as there was jut two of us, so no roofbox, we were directed in to the single deck carriage.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont, Last Christmas we took the X trail and were firmly chucked out of the overheight queue Sad I like overheight Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
with our without your roofbox?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont, Just the car we dont have a box. Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Strangely on both occasions I went through with a Freelander (no roofbox) I was stuck in the overheight queue, and yet the car is well underheight Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D G Orf, Suppose sometimes it just depends if they have oversold or there are more for the underheight than planned?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Guys do we really care which lane we go in as long as we all make it across the pond surely?
latest report
Mouth, I couldn't really give a t*ss to be honest, but it is obviously really important to a bloke
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, You suggestion men have a complex over height, lenght and width?
ski holidays
Always go for overheight - VW Sharan with roofbox

Like the space you get in Overheight - but can be a nightmare if you're behind 8 coaches of school kids and need a wee Embarassed
latest report
This is to do with the current problems of restricted trains I think, I guess the high space carriages will be limited. We normally go high space (S-Max with roofbox) but couldn't book it for Christmas so have had to look at ways of packing everything into the car - have even bought some vacuum bags for our clothes! I did call and ask to be put into high space but no joy and when I questioned what would happen if I just turned up with the roof box on I was told I could be in for a very long wait! We decided not to risk it but I think there will be some angry folk at the tunnel on Boxing Day.
latest report
Boris wrote:
....but can be a nightmare if you're behind 8 coaches of school kids and need a wee Embarassed

Ah yes, lesson learnt from 1st time in overheight in October and son needing a wee and 2 coaches parked next to toilet................
snow report
I've booked overheight but am going to try and load up without the roofbox to save on fuel (and not having to carry the stepladder wink ) - if I turn up without the box will they make me swim across Puzzled
ski holidays
Yoda wrote:
if I turn up without the box will they make me swim across Puzzled

You could hijack a boat.

latest report
Our train time was changed, to nearly two hours later (this coming Saturday). They didn't send me any email or other notification but having read so many snowHead s having times changed, I rang to check - just as well. I asked if I could move to an earlier train, rather than a later one, but they said there was no overheight space available. I said I'd have room to put my roofbars inside, if that would help, but then they said it would cost about £70 more to go earlier, so we're sticking with the later time, though it's annoying to lose 2 hours driving time down on Saturday. They did warn me about turning up for the booked train - which removes one of the big advantages of the tunnel, of being able to roll up at almost any time within 24 hours of the originally boked time. Ah well, it's still great to be going. snowHead
snow conditions
pam w, One way to check if the little barstewards in the call centre are telling the truth is to go do a dummy booking beofre you leave. If they are selling spots for the time you would like to leave (but don't want to pay the extra £70) then turn up and they will let you on wink . Between 8am and noon seems full Saturday (not surprising) but after that looks like some trains available for sale?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy