Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Were to ski during the summer?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok im pretty new to skiing, my question is where can you ski at what part of the year.

I would like to ski sometime during the summer but dont fancy the long flights to america.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you don't fancy a flight to S America then you're unlikely to want to head to New Zealand either. Various glaciers around Europe offer summer skiing (e.g. Tignes) though the terrain on offer is pretty limited and unlikely to keep you interested for more than a couple of days.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Put up with the flight and hit SA. The pain of the flight is quickly forgotten by the joys of skiing in the summer.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
as far as i know skiing in the summer is not idea

either a long expensive flight to a different part of the world

of skiing on a glacier was high up on a mountain where its really cold and as its been said the runs are limited
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
artweek, the most highly-rated glacier skiing in Europe is probably Hintertux. The Stubaigletscher is also great. Kaprun (Kitzsteinhorn) is not bad. The Tignes glacier has a decent pitch, as has the one at Les Deux Alpes. Saas Fee is good. Zermatt's glacier is flatter, unless you catch the months when the Furggsattel high-speed quad chair operates. I've skied all the aforementioned.

Summer skiing months vary, so check.

Zermatt is great in summer, for a combination of mountainbiking served by cablecars and the mountain railway, combined with some skiing. Summer skiing is generally a lot more boring than skiing in winter - the runs are short and quite gentle. It costs as much as skiing in winter, so the value isn't there. You only get about 3-4 hours skiing in high summer per day, because lifts shut when the snow gets too wet and heavy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
artweek,

You can go to Argentina or Chile - but then you are skiing in Winter not Summer, it just happens to be somebody elses Winter not yours snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
artweek,

Closest summer skiing to you is almost certainly the Craigavon artificial slope ( http://www.craigavon.gov.uk/leisure/ski.asp ) - but this seems not to be open July/August, when your nearest option becomes Kilternan, just south of Dublin. http://www.skiclub.ie/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy