Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free/babyslope access Montriond/Morzine?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. We arrive in Montriond this Sun and would love to spend a couple of hours that afternoon helping the kids rediscover their "snowlegs" before they join skischool on Mon. Does anyone have any suggestions of any area we could potter around for a while (was only planning on lift passes starting the following day). Many thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
angieb wrote:
Hi all. We arrive in Montriond this Sun and would love to spend a couple of hours that afternoon helping the kids rediscover their "snowlegs" before they join skischool on Mon. Does anyone have any suggestions of any area we could potter around for a while (was only planning on lift passes starting the following day). Many thanks.

Welcome to snowheads. I know that there is no free lift at the Ardent gondola station, the easiest access to the slopes from Montriond, a 5/10 minute bus ride away. Not sure about the centre of Morzine. I'm sure someone else will reply shortly. Have a great time, Montriond is a lovely quiet spot - not a lot going on but pleasant enough and easy to get to the rest of the PDS from. The most liveliest bar I've found in the village is the Tabac!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank's for the reply - and for the Montriond info. We will be picking up our hire gear in Ardent but don't mind heading over the Morzine direction if there's anywhere anyone can think of, thanks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to snowHeads angieb.

AFAIK, there isn't anywhere with free slope access. But the bottom of the run coming into Ardent would be a very good place to have a pootle for an hour or so - gentle gradient and fairly quiet during the day.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That sounds just fine, thanks for that. SO looking forward to the trip - our first time away for Christmas and looks like the snow gods are smiling!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
angieb, I agree with FlyingStantoni, the foot of the Ardent bubble is a good a place as any.

Ardent is dominated by Family Ski so lots of families with small children, I guess. The hamlet itself consists of a few small chalets, 1 bar ( L'escapade , known locally as Bruno's) and 2 ski hire shops.

One of the shops is Ardent Sports but their main shop is in Montriond. It would be a good idea to hire your equipment from them in Montriond and leave it overnight in the Ardent shop to save lugging about on the bus with a small child. The shop have no problem with this and even encourage it.

Have a great Christmas in the snow...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for all the replys guys - a very Happy Christmas to you all!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy