Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotsman with 'avalanche' in bedroom makes front page of French newspaper

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Today's Le Dauphine (main regional newspaper of the French Alps): http://www.ledauphine.com
The story: Une coulée de neige dans sa chambre

It seems the photo - showing Mark Wilkinson with an extra duvet - and a couple of others, originated on this TGR forum thread: The Alps are BURIED 'powdherb' (from Seattle/Snowbird) posted the photos.

Genius!

Le Dauphine seem to be claiming ownership of the photos, and hopefully we'll see them in the UK papers.

The photo showing the French windows is really intriguing. It looks as if the weight of a big snowdrift forced them open, and the glass looks intact. The Dauphine report suggests the doors were only loosely closed.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, as so often, davidof is ahead head of you - as linked here (and elsewhere, I think, by other snowheads). No £20 this time, I fear. wink

That's an awful lot of snow that got into the room; I wonder if the doors would have resisted if properly closed.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, achilles, but I think you're mistaken. powdherb primarily deserved the credit, if he took the photos and posted them. Forget the 20 quid (!) - If he or Mark Wilkinson hasn't run them through an international news photo agency then he's missed out on around 2 to 20 grand (I'd estimate). Photos of that jaw-dropping rarity, amusement and meteorological drama are worth a small fortune.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
P.S. As far as I know, arv was the first person to link to TGR's post of the photo: here ...

... and he thoroughly deserves your 20 quid!

[arv posted at 17.00 yesterday. davidof posted at 10.53 today/09.53 UK time]
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
or even earlier
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B, you could ski down that on your Metrons! - still skiing on them?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
achilles, No, still got them but I bought a pair of Fishers AMC 76's as the Metrons were too short really.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Colin B, cool - though I think the Metrons might be better for in-room skiing Cool
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
OK, I think we have the definitive version now. achilles - your £20 should be sent to norris, who scooped arv by 79 minutes, who scooped davidof by 17 hours, who scooped me by 3 hours.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Goldsmith, my dear boy - as I'm sure you'll recall the £20 is yet to be negotiated between yourself and admin. What a forgetful journalist you're becoming. Shocked

Quote:
.... You suggested a price of £20 per item
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh no I didn't [it's pantomime season]. We struck a deal at 20% of snowHeads - for free news items, since these were generating traffic and advertising. I insisted on no liability exposure, partly since the moderating and legal/libel liability of snowHeads was beyond my control. admin considered this a disposable deal, as a result of that condition.

Just send norris the £20. I reckon powdherb deserves a fine lunch too, when you're in the area. Hopefully he struck a good deal with Le Dauphine.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Goldsmith, Admin is a very trusty bloke. If you have struck that deal you are very well placed to send the £20 yourself - do the decent thing, it seems to be what you think the 'article' is worth.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The very definition of ski in/ski out.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mark_s, Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the occupant of the room is a mate of mine...that would wake you up rather rapidly Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy