Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello from........................Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Hurtle, €225 x2 equals about £440 at current rates?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WayneC, I could just point you to last season's blog, when I was actually in VT Very Happy , but as there are 12 pages or so to sort through, the relevant bits might take some finding!

Can't be sure what's going on up there this season, but last year The Viking was definitely the place for some early beers; they used to do BOGOF between 4 and 7pm, so I'd check out what they're doing this year. The Viking is about 3 doors down from the Frog (last year their Happy Hour knocked a euro off a pint, so not quite so happy Laughing ), but it's not that obvious; there's just a door opening right out onto the road with steps leading down to a basement.

Nice atmosphere there last season, showed plenty of footie and had free wifi too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andytb wrote:
Hurtle, €225 x2 equals about £440 at current rates?
Oh, so is 'Martyn' two people? Must have missed that.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle, No, but he was buying a pass for 12 days, so I guess they are using the same daily rate, give or take, for a 12 day pass as for a 6 day pass.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnnyboy, oh, sorry. But you said 6 days - and, since I have to buy a 6 day pass myself in a couple of weeks, the thought of paying £440 for it made me feel quite weak! Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle, Very, very sorry for giving you a heart attack, I obviously didn't read my own post properly Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

It was £440 odd for 12 days, not 6, just to be 100% clear.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnnyboy, thanks! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnnyboy, WayneC Viking in VT still doing the 2for1 offer on the daily 'happy hour and on Sunday evenings from 8:00 pm 'toss the boss'.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
and you can win wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum wrote:
and you can win wink
Megamum, Remind me, how many large beers did you have?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No more than you wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megamum, so that was 4 large beers was it? Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BMF_Skier, Remind me, what was the funniest sight over the Christmas holiday?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh come on chaps, do get a room!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
johnnyboy, BMF_Skier, Thanks. The Viking looks like the first stop then.
snow conditions
johnnyboy wrote:
, I could just point you to last season's blog, when I was actually in VT Very Happy , but as there are 12 pages or so to sort through, the relevant bits might take some finding!

Can't be sure what's going on up there this season, but last year The Viking was definitely the place for some early beers; they used to do BOGOF between 4 and 7pm, so I'd check out what they're doing this year. The Viking is about 3 doors down from the Frog (last year their Happy Hour knocked a euro off a pint, so not quite so happy Laughing ), but it's not that obvious; there's just a door opening right out onto the road with steps leading down to a basement.

Nice atmosphere there last season, showed plenty of footie and had free wifi too.

Just back from VT and can confirm that the Viking is doing 2 for 1 on everything from 4 - 7 pm and beer is 5.5€ . The Frog is doing 2 for 1 on from 4 to 6pm and the The Irish Bar is doing lager for 4.50€ betwen 4 and 6pm. We prefered the music, and atmosphere in the Viking.

We had a terible meal in the resturant in the corner of the Sports Centre Complex. I'll look up the name for the next time I'm on here. One of our group thought it was the worst meal they had ever had in France, and he's been going there over 20 years!! Very Happy

edit - Name of resturant with really poor food was Les 3 Pachas. HTH.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 19-01-09 12:20; edited 1 time in total
latest report
johnnyboy, long time no hear........
latest report
WayneC wrote:
The Irish Bar is doing lager for 4.50€ betwen 4 and 6pm.

£4.50 for for 2/3 of a pint (frothy head multiple included in calculation) in happy hour Shocked
ski holidays
rayscoops,
I have to say that everthing was very expensive... 4€ for coffee, 6€ for beer, 10 to 14€ for pizza. We saw French onion soup at 15€... but that was in Corcheval 1850.

It's the first time ever on a skiing holiday that I have made sandwiches for lunch Sad Terible... I dont mind making my own breakfast, to get out a bit quicker, but we even made two evenings meals in our self catering room.

It was supposed to be a holiday and I ended up making lunch... I don't even make lunch at home !!!

The skiing was very good though Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Wondering what happened to johnnyboy? Enjoyed his tales so much that I went back and read last season. Maybe he got a bookdeal...
latest report
Second what lizski, said, anyone heard fromjohnnyboy, ?? Hope his laptop hasn't gone the same way as his skis did.....
latest report
Should we send out a search party? Can any other snowheads check he is alright? With recent threads about people getting lost trying to find their way home after a late night beer it makes me a bit concerned! On the other had he has probably run off with a French waitress who doesn't have wi-fi. johnnyboy, if you are out there let us know how it's going as we are all sitting here on the edge of our seats, I hope every thing is OK.
ski holidays
Headplant, I am worried. I hope he has run off with the French bint and not been trying DIY electrical repairs again.
snow report
it does seem as though he has gone awol, maybe he's having too much fun skiing to keep us as updated as last season, or maybe he's busy writing a book about his exploits and has had to sign some form of clause saying he won't write about it before its finished hehe
latest report
Can't help feeling that some disaster must have befallen him. He supposedly had many snowHead friends, don't any of them know what's happened?
snow report
johnnyboy, We are all getting concerned now! Hope you are ok!
snow conditions
johnnyboy, Are you still in the land of the living? We are getting worried!
latest report
Did johnnyboy ever turn up?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum, spoke to him during the pre EoSB week when we were in VT and met him in the first day of the EoSB, just before we returned to the UK. I expect he made an appearance during that week too.
snow conditions
BMF_Skier, so why did he stop posting?
ski holidays
BMF_Skier,

Yes, he was at the meal
snow report
Hurtle, I got the impression that the season hadn't progressed without incident and that rather than post nothing, but the bad stuff that had happened he decided to not post at all. He did seem happy to be meeting up with folks when I spoke to him and looked well in himself at the time I bumped into him. BMF_Skier actually missed seeing him by about a minute Laughing !!!
snow report
Megamum, oh well, I'm glad he's OK. Thanks.
latest report
Megamum, A season with an incident or two! Did it involve a certain French waitress, and or her Mr. Universe/ski instructor boyfriend?

We are now intrigued!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy