Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trip Nightmare...Maybe

Poster: A snowHead
Scarpa, brilliant pal Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd tell them I'm pulling out - and want my money back in full. If they refused I'd have a look to see if a small claims court case were possible. I wouldn't worry about losing a friend - you've already lost a friend because he's reneged on a deal and put you in this situation. Snow's snow - but in my experience bad accommodation arrangements can mar a holiday - and I don't see why a singleton should lose out.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rich, Lie back and think of England.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I'm sure you're grown up enough to keep it in your pants long enough to share with one of the girlies for a week

sarep has it absolutely right. What is the problem here? I've shared with female friends who have been quite comfortable with the idea as long as it wasn't a double bed. Grow up and stop farting about Cool
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
..Stop farting would also be good advice if female sharing.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yoda wrote:
.......sarep has it absolutely right. What is the problem here? I've shared with female friends who have been quite comfortable with the idea as long as it wasn't a double bed. Grow up and stop farting about Cool

rich wrote:
I .....will have to share with one of the solo women which I'm sure they .......... wouldn't agree to

Kinda answers the point.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rich, Any news? What have you decided - The Full Weight of The Law, 'toss one off' or swallow your pride on kip on the sofa? The suspense is killing me!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles, am I morphing into Lizzard/Whitegold? Shocked help! Laughing

Well that suggests that he hasn't actually asked them...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rich wrote:
rob@rar, I like your option. Unfortunately in my experience it takes an atomic device to separate couples up.

Could you stop off at Geneva and send the couple to the Hadron Collider? They get a big bang and sub atomic 'separating' experience. Assuming CERN have fixed it that is.....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yoda, fair point - for the purposes of the post I was taking his presumption as a given - I thought 'what ifs' could go on forever. But of course talking would be good. When a group is being organized, the best thing seems to be to chat by email - with everyone included in the distribution. Then every one knows what is going on (and can have a say) and the agreements are in writing. The party 'leader' summing everything up (again in an email) and saying who is paying for what, also helps. Saves tears.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rich wrote:
rob@rar, I've decided on the nuclear option and made preemptive strike by refusing the living room before its actually been offered and told them I expect to get exactly the same as everyone else and to confirm the room allocation.

Its all back in their court now.

Looks like the action's been taken! We all await the outcome with bated breath ...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rich,

Just in case you go for the pinny option.
http://www.drinkstuff.com/products/product.asp?ID=2225
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
queen bodecia, You should try staying in a Mountain Hut where you can sometimes share a room with up to fifty people male and female.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rich, why'd you agree to this in the first place? You assert that you're friends? Doesn't sound like how I like friends behaving towards me.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Stop being a wuss.

Tell 'em straight.

You paid good cash for a good room.
latest report
Tell him he can decide who you share with - and it is up to him to square it.
snow conditions
OP has already been told he will be sharing with one of the females; he is ASSUMING that they won't have been told - but surely they will.

(Personally I'd much rather have a bed in the living room than share with anybody, but that's just me; I've shared twin rooms with girls reasonably often, and frankly they're often better room mates than chaps as they're cleaner.
snow conditions
James the Last wrote:
OP has already been told he will be sharing with one of the females; he is ASSUMING that they won't have been told..

he's assuming that he will be asked to share AND assuming the female hasn't been told. there's a lot of assuming/possibles in this tale.
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
James the Last wrote:
OP has already been told he will be sharing with one of the females; he is ASSUMING that they won't have been told..

he's assuming that he will be asked to share AND assuming the female hasn't been told. there's a lot of assuming/possibles in this tale.

he also seems to be assuming that his trousers will be unable to contain his excitement as sharing a room with a girl or that he will be totally irresistable to her wink
snow report
under a new name, read 1st post

Whitegold, I have

James the Last, I originally guessed the guy organising had decided I would be sharing with one of the women and asked if they'd been told about it, didn't get a positive response. Think he was thinking everything would be OK as long as nobody actually asked any questions and he'd sort it out when we get there. Like I said, if there's a short straw, single guy will get it so I don't want this left till we arrive in resort.
snow conditions
riverman wrote:
queen bodecia, You should try staying in a Mountain Hut where you can sometimes share a room with up to fifty people male and female.

It is very different when there is a group in a room than when it is just two of you. I've done both, and the former is no problem at all, but I wouldn't be happy about the latter with a female I didn't know very well.
ski holidays
Arno wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
James the Last wrote:

he also seems to be assuming that his trousers will be unable to contain his excitement as sharing a room with a girl or that he will be totally irresistable to her wink

I think a lot of other posters have made that assumption - although I suspect mostly in jest. I haven't seen anything from Rich which suggests he does.
latest report
riverman wrote:

No thank you. Even boarding school wasn't like that...
snow report
Quote:

I think a lot of other posters have made that assumption - although I suspect mostly in jest. I haven't seen anything from Rich which suggests he does.

alex_heney, you're quite right. Rich never implied that all all. I have frequently "shared" boats, in the same sort of situation as mountain huts, but only once shared a B & B with a male member of a crew, when there was no room for us all overnight before a race. He was someone I knew, an office colleague, we were both old and boring and terribly well behaved and it was far more comfortable than a crowded boat would have been. But I must admit it felt strange - and I don't think many people are likely to be too happy with that arrangement, especially if this is an expensive holiday. I've done a ski holiday "share" with another female (to save a lot of money) and it was fine, though I'm sure we'd both have much preferred to have had rooms to ourselves.
snow report
rich,

Just go for the one with the biggest tips.
ski holidays
What's the response by the party host been then Rich?
ski holidays
rich, how do you know that one of the girls doesn't want to share with you.

Personally I'd wait until the first evening, get everyone hideously drunk, and throw your keys into the pot so to speak.
snow conditions
alex_heney wrote:

It's just as likely that he fancies the husband who has organised it, and is desperately marshalling his arguments so as to ensure that he shares with him....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
James the Last wrote:
alex_heney wrote:

It's just as likely that he fancies the husband who has organised it, and is desperately marshalling his arguments so as to ensure that he shares with him....

I really want to know what's happened here, rich, how was the email taken?

I have recently just booked with 2 couples, but we didn't manage to find a 6th so paid the single sup, d'oh. But at least I didn't end up with this situation, although I am normally the first up in the morning and can sleep pretty much anywhere.

Also in my experience it's not always about the girl being worried about the guy trying it on, but that girls don't seem to like to share with guys, particularly if they don't know, they think we all smell!!

Hope it all works out.
latest report
You could always offer to sleep with the wife. It might concentrate the mind a bit.
ski holidays
rich, intrigued to know how this resolved itself ... if it did Very Happy
ski holidays
yep..what's the story...??

How fit were they..?
ski holidays
and did you film it?
snow report
stevew, It all kind of worked itself out, more by luck than judgement.

One of the three women dropped out, didn't get round to finding out exactly why but there would have been a big penalty.

She was replaced by a male friend of one of the other girls but come flight time he was a no show, some business problems to sort out at last minute.
He managed to make his own way there on the Wednesday.

That left me with a twin room to myself for the first half of the trip. As a bonus when my roomie arrived he was a heavy sleeper and didn't complain about my snoring at all, either that or I didn't snore which would be a first.

All in all a bit of a result but I'd rather it hadn't been at the expense of others holidays.
ski holidays
rich wrote:
stevew, It all kind of worked itself out, more by luck than judgement.

One of the three women dropped out, didn't get round to finding out exactly why but there would have been a big penalty.

She was replaced by a male friend of one of the other girls but come flight time he was a no show, some business problems to sort out at last minute.
He managed to make his own way there on the Wednesday.

That left me with a twin room to myself for the first half of the trip. As a bonus when my roomie arrived he was a heavy sleeper and didn't complain about my snoring at all, either that or I didn't snore which would be a first.

All in all a bit of a result but I'd rather it hadn't been at the expense of others holidays.

Excellent and I'm sure you've made the party leader aware of any "issues" for the future!
snow report
Just out of interest how old were the group? I'm female but have shared with guys before on various uni trips. As long as you take PJs and there's an ensuite for changing in what's the problem?! I think it's more likely to be the guy worryiing that the girl might feel uncomfortable, but most younger girls in my experience would be fairly laid back if they're used to group trips.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy