Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tour operator ski passes

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Just a bit of a money saving tip for ya' all

Now that the £ vs euro rate is dismal, looks like ski passes will be quite a bit more than the TO's thought.

For example if you book an Espace Killy pass with first choice its £177 online or on the phone (you can only do this if you have a holiday booked with them) but the Espace Killy pass is 202 euro direct which is around £184 at the current exchange rate (£1 = 1.10 euro) so you could save a few pennies this way !

Hope this helps snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2planks, good advice - I saved a sizeable sum doing the same last year for canada.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
But check what exchange rate they use before committing to buy if you have not pre-booked. I once got stiffed by a TO on the price of a liftpass because of the exchange rate they used when I paid them with my credit card.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rob quite correct !

If you buy a ski pass on the transfer coach prepare to have yer pants pulled down and ******* Shocked

It only works if you PRE-book your ski pass, the rates on the transfer coaches are usually horrendous.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, this is about paying in advance in pounds
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx wrote:
rob@rar, this is about paying in advance in pounds

Yes, I was just posting a note of caution if people haven't pre-booked.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FYI there is a clause in their T&C's which says they can raise the price if they choose to.

Also a few tour ops are stopping prebooking Ski passes etc.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I Cool Pre booked my Espace Killy pass with crystal at £177 for the week .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
evilpandas, ski independence can only change prices until your holiday is confirmed, once confirmed at the time of booking the price of everything is fully guaranteed. Inghams do have the option to change prices, but not within 30 days of departure.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Standard TO T&Cs are that they must absorb less than 2%, can charge for increases of 2%+ but must offer the option of cancelling with a full refund if the increase is more than 10%.

I bought our Grandvalira passes when I booked and saved about £40 each to what I would have paid in cash, at the resort.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
On a similar subject, I've booked a trip with Neilson for a group of us to go to Les Arcs in March. I booked accom only as we wanted to take the train rather than fly (and they don't work with Eurostar), so we'll get eight days skiing.

Thinking along similar lines to 2planks, I asked Neilson for their quote for 8 day passes and they told me they could only offer six day passes. Personally, as far as customer service goes, I think that's pretty crap, but I'm assuming that I just have to suck that up as if I force them to quote me now, I guess they would just quote me at current exchange rates.

I'm looking into a group discount direct from Les Arcs (if 15+ people, itworks out at €276 rather €303 for a Paradiski pass for eight days) but has anyone else got any bright ideas that might help shave anything off the cost of the passes? (Except praying that the pound strengthens in the next three months...)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I bought my 6 day pass when I booked my January ski trip with Crystal to Kaprun in March this year, for the pricely sum of £144.00.

Just looked on the Kaprun website and booking direct with them online today would cost me 195 euro, with the virtual parity at the mo I am glad I went with Crystal

I would also like to mention that Crystal have stood by the price I booked in March for not only the ski pass but also the ski school, which has risen £40 since I booked and also the ski/boot carrige, I paid £15 which has now risen to £30 on their website

I received my tickets today so I am just counting the days down Cool

I normally book last minute but took a punt this year though Jan 2010 will be a DIY job to take advantage of zero charge for kids in a hotel I fancy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
MissC wrote:
I'm looking into a group discount direct from Les Arcs (if 15+ people, itworks out at €276 rather €303 for a Paradiski pass for eight days) but has anyone else got any bright ideas that might help shave anything off the cost of the passes? (Except praying that the pound strengthens in the next three months...)

Welcome to snowHeads.

I've never found any way to get discounted prices for Les Arcs passes other than the discounted rates that are available for groups such as yours, locals or property owners in the resort. Your Tour Operator might only have deals for 6-day passes with the local lift company so might not be in a position to quote for discounted 8-day passes.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the welcome - and the info. I had a feeling that that might be the case - guess I'll just have to get praying then...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
MissC wrote:
Thanks for the welcome - and the info. I had a feeling that that might be the case - guess I'll just have to get praying then...

Something that might have helped, but won't now I'm sorry to say, is use quidco.com when booking with Neilson and you can get up to 5% back in cash for you holidays. I only just started using the website this Xmas and have already got money back for almost all my Xmas shopping and should be getting it for a holiday for 5 I booked recently.

I think the other thing the TO's do is pre buy a bulk lot of passes at a reduced price, so if Neilson have done this they will have got them at the pre pound crash price anyway.... I think anyway.
ski holidays
2planks,

Thanks -- taken your advice and just bought three lift passes through Crystal for our holiday in January.
I was just going to buy them out there.
Reckon I saved about £50......it all helps.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy