Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2Alpes lift passes

Poster: A snowHead
Things you didn't necessarily know:

Family rates: these are available to families of five plus. A 'family' consists of parent(s) and offspring under the age of 18. However, if you have two kids plus an over-18 still living with you it's worth hauling him along when you buy your passes, because although he himself will pay full price, his presence will make the rest of you eligible for the family discount. Bring something which shows that you all live at the same address.

Forgotten pass: you don't need to go all the way back to your accommodation to get it - nip into the lift ofice and tell them you've forgotten the pass. They wll give you a day pass and charge you a deposit equivalent to its cost. If you go back in later with both passes and the receipts, they will refund your deposit.

Apartment owners: there's a special 12 non consecutive days ticket for you lot - take your taxe fonciere bill into the caisse centrale and ask.

Over 65s get a discount. If you are 64 but it's your birthday sometime during your holiday, tell them when you buy your pass. Bring your passort.

If you want lessons, you can book a lesson/lift pass package with the ski schools - the pass is cheaper this way. If you are a family of five plus and you have booked some of your passes via the ski school, take the receipts to the lift office and the rest of you will get the family rate.

Insurance: if you buy a pass without insurance then decide you want it after all, take your pass to the lift office and they will add it on for you. You must take insurance for the full duration of the pass, even if you have already skied for a few days. Remember to keep the ticket they give you - it's your proof that you are insured.

You can buy your pass in advance - if you roll up in resort on Friday evening at 18:00 you can buy a week's pass starting Saturday and avoid having to queue in the morning.

There are seven free drag lifts at the bottom of the hill, handy if you roll up mid-afternoon and want to ski a bit but not pay for the extra day. If you need insurance you can buy it on its own for this very purpose.

If half the lifts are closed for a period of your stay (bad weather etc) wait until the end of your holiday and check with the caisse central to see if they are offering any refund or compensation. They may or may not, depending on the circumstances but it's worth asking.

And finally ...... do not lose the paper ticket which you are given when you buy your pass! Do not keep it in the same pocket as your pass, and if buy a load of passes at once, do not mix up the tickets. If you lose your pass you won't get another without the ticket.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lizzard, Of course you're selling them this year. Biggest downer for me is going to be that when I come at Easter my daughter will be 13 which means full adult prices at LDA (but not at most other resorts I don't think). About £480 for 9 day passes for the 2 of us Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Colin B, that's about £25 a day. Not bad when you consider what goes into providing the service.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard, My argument is really more against the young age at which adult charges apply. It is I think far younger than at some other resorts.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can she not get a student pass rate? you just need proof of being in education My son did in Serre chevalier when he was still at school and just 17, got a ISIC card from the http://www.isiccard.com/get_it_now.asp
School needed to sign something too.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B, it's 13 in Alpe d'Huez as well, and 12 in Serre Chevalier.

Helen Beaumont, there's no student rate on anything other than day passes.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No student rate mentioned. Just full (13 - 65) and discounted (under 13 or over 65). In comparison when we go to Zermatt at half term her pass is 50% the cost of mine.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard, How's the job going?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, not bad, have understood nearly everything so far, though now that the rest of the group are more confident they have all started talking at once in training sessions, which is doing my head in. More training until Friday, and after that we get let loose on the cashdesks for real. Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard, could you explain this further for me please
"special 12 non consecutive days ticket"

Puzzled Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fragy, it's a pass valid for 12 days which don't need to be taken consecutively. Eg you could ski for a week now and a further week in the spring, or you could have various days and weekends throughout the season.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
with it being a 12 day pass is it cheaper?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lizzard, thanks for posting that.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fragy, I emailed the tourist office about it a while ago and it costs 360 Euros (346 Euros for a standard 12 day lift pass) and was also given the following info:

"No access to the other resort with the "12 days pass".
It will be available only for La Grave when the link will be open (in February)
You can use it for the swimming pool and ice skating only the days when you ski. (Whether it takes out a day on your pass)"

Lizzard, Hope the job is going well Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
R32, Thanks, think I will stay with the weekly, especially the way the € and £ keep changing Confused
snow report
fragy, I think it sounds good if you were going to be there for a while but not wanting to ski every day. Wonder if they do a summer version Lizzard?
latest report
R32, interested to hear the answer to this, also can you get a group discount as we are thinking of bringing a group of up to 20 over for the Mountain of hell in July. Twisted Evil
snow report
I know zip about summer passes, sorry.
ski holidays
Sad wink
latest report
Lizzard, Isn't this where you're supposed to make it all up and try to fob us off? wink Laughing
ski holidays
R32, I did think that the training would consist of perfecting a shrug and saying 'non' convincingly, but in fact it has all been about quality and customer service. Very disappointing! Laughing
snow report
R32 wrote:
Lizzard, Isn't this where you're supposed to make it all up and try to fob us off? wink Laughing

e.g. in Tignes yesterday when nothing was running for hours "what's going to open" answer "Palafour in half an hour". 2 hours later still wondering what's going to open, answer "Chaudannes is open" - what, now? "yes" - while we are looking at it not running rolling eyes
latest report
Lizzard wrote:
perfecting a shrug and saying 'non' convincingly Laughing

Lizzard, That will be on Friday Laughing Twisted Evil

holidayloverxx, Shocked rolling eyes
snow report
Lizzard, Proof a family lives together??? We are out on Saturday My wife and i my son 19, daughter 14,and three of their friends 14 and 17 and 19. If we rock up together appear confused and lack family ID would you be convinced to give us the family discount. Little Angel
snow conditions
markyb, no. Please bear in mind that a lot of the cashiers are still in their probationary period - why would you want to try to lose them their jobs?
snow report
Lizzard, Hysterical incident last time I went in: there was an italian chap who had tried to get his mate through on the same pass (handed it back in a glove) and got caught. 2 DAL personnel insisting that he had to buy a second pass for the second person, him shouting (very loudly), and trying to insist that the system was different in Italy - yeah - sure! rolling eyes DAL peeps speaking French and English, Italian guy spoke English but kept insisting they spoke Italian to him ............. Very Fawlty Towers. Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
easiski, so in Italy you can buy one pass and share it amongst all your mates? Great news for all this season's skint Brits there! Laughing
snow conditions
Lizzard, Never my intention to get any one the sac apologise Blush just an idle inquiry as to how strictly the rules are interpreted at a time i could do with saving a few euro.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Lizzard,
We're out in LDA over Xmas then moving on to Alpe d'Huez for New Year. I think you get a couple of days in Alpe d'Huez on a LDA lift pass but can you get more - in other words, do you know if we'll have to buy a new pass when we move to Alpe d'Huez or can we just buy a longer one in LDA in the 1st place (I'm guessing it's 2 separate ones but just thought I'd ask in case you knew).
latest report
blizt, When I did a week in each last Easter I had to buy seperate passes for each. Someone will confirm that I'm sure.
ski holidays
blizt, a 2Alpes pass of six days or more gets you two days in Alpe d'Huez during the period of its validity - ie you cannot ski six days in 2Alpes and then a further two in Alpe d'Huez. If you're spending the second week in Alpe d'Huez you will need to buy a pass there.
latest report
Lizzard, that's what he was claiming - the shrugs you aspire to learn were in evidence at that point! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
is it cheaper to buy you lda lift pass in advance via my TO or should i wait until i get there, i am not have lessons but my g/f is so she might be entitled to a cheap rate as said above but for me whats best.
snow report
chewy192, if your bird is in six-day cours collectif with one of the ski schools she can book a package which includes lessons and lift pass - this is cheaper than booking each element separately. TOs usually sell passes at the same price as is available at the ticket window - whether or not you pay less by booking in advance will depend largely on the yo-yo behaviour of the pound. A six-day pass will cost you 182€ if bought at the ticket office/on the website.
snow conditions
PS: change of policy this week - 10% discount now available to families of four+.
ski holidays
thx for the info i think i'll just buy mine when i get there if no savings are to be made, i haven't booked her ski school yet do you think it's a good idea to wait until i get there and shop about for a good price / group size or will they be quite booked up?
ski holidays
chewy192, not really my department - you would probably get better advice from easiski regarding lessons etc.
snow conditions
ok will do thx
snow report
Lizzard wrote:
Over 65s get a discount.

Thanks for the tip Very Happy
snow conditions
espri, if you're over 72 it's free.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy