Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee - can anyone update me ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I went to Saas Fee about 6 years ago and am going back in a couple of weeks. I just wondered if there had been much change.

I've looked at he maps and it seems that the other Saas villages have come onto the map. You can never trust the scale of the piste maps and the other villages look closer than I remember. Saas Fee has got limited piste (120km) so I was wondering how accessible the other areas really are - and if you can get there on skis.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JonnyRocket, I was there at the end of November last year, so the other villages weren't open then, but I believe that there are ski buses between the resorts. I don't think that any of them are accessible on skis, but someone else might come along who knows better. Saas Almagell is the closest and I walked there in the last morning I was there. You wouldn't want to ski along the connecting path as it's very flat, so the bus is your best bet.

You can also ski at Zermatt on the lift pass for a day, so that might be a good option and I believe that there is transport available to get you to Zermatt for the day.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Im wanting to know alittle of the other villages in the Saas valley as well. Was looking at lift passes, and see that upgrading to a Saas Valley pass is a fairly negligible increase when set against the Saas Fee area on its own (like, £15 for the week or there abouts)
Worth it perhaps if those areas are worth going to, and its fairly painless to do so. Otherwise might just get local passes there if I feel like it.

Oh decisions!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As geepee says, you have to get a ski bus, but if you buy a whole area pass, then they are free. Neither Saas Grund or Saas Almagell is a particularly big area, but they make a change. IIRC the top of the Saas Grund area is over 3000m, so no issues regarding snow sure there!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy