Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley A Frames Advice Please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm about to order some Oakley A Frame Goggles off the net and their is a seperate helmet strap available, I have looked at the design and to me they look helmet compatible. Is this strap needed or are they just trying to get another £12 off me. Also should I go for these or the Wisdom's instead.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't answer your helmet question but I do have a pair of A frames which I am looking to sell!
Worn for 6 days only so excellent condition. Silver frame with blue iridium lens.
They are proper real ones bought in a ski shop in edinburgh. Usually 80 to 100 pounds I think with the iridium lens.
Forty five pounds if you're interested.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The strap won't be long enough to get round a helmet with the standard one.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DaveC, don't agree...2 pairs in my locker, both always worn with helmet, perfectly ok, no extra strap required
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wear mine over a helmet with no problem.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So they are just after an extra £12 off the mug punter then, col642, No thanks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kel, My lid is a size small though. Larger lids may well need the longer strap as mine is fairly near to the full extension.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
my wisdoms came with a standard strap and there is absolutely loads of room, im a 57/58 cm head/helmet size, id be amazed if it didnt work, also id highly reccomend the widoms but havent had a frames so cant comment on them...the offer from col642 sounds like a good one
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scarpa, Ordered them now, I will see when they come my helmet is Large 60 cm, so might need one. I pass Snow and Rock 2-3 times a week so will get one from there if needed. Sure they could make one strap fits all, bit of a con I think. But hey if you want Oakleys that's the price you pay, went for the wisdoms in the end with Blue Iridium lens and a spare persimmon lens for low light. I will see how I go on with these might get the Hi Yellow for flat light if the persimmon aren't up to the job, I hate flat light need to see what i am skiing as I am getting on a bit now and the old legs are carrying a bit of extra weight.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 16-12-08 19:37; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just bought an A Frame as an christmas present for someone... tried on a few models, all fitted round my helmet with a standard strap, including the A Frame.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kel, I found that the strap was long enough to go around my helmet but, when on, the sides of the goggles seemed to lift away from my temples. No big hassle but caused a draught and just wasn't right.

The helmet strap isn't much longer but has a wishbone type contraption at each end which holds the strap proud of the edges of the helmet. I didn't have much faith when I got it but its just the job!

One thing, perhaps for all goggles, is that when you repeatedly perch them above your forehead, the sponge seals begin to separate from the frame, so take care.

Hope this helps.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rungsp wrote:
DaveC, don't agree...2 pairs in my locker, both always worn with helmet, perfectly ok, no extra strap required

Fair enough, L-XL helmet here, didn't work without. The sticky bit on the back is nice too.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just updating my own post sproggski, is spot on, the goggles do not fit quite as snug but the strap is long enough on my large size Salomon helmet. Will wait to see if this causes a problem, cant see it being though, if so I will buy a helmet strap in resort.

I went for the Red Text design Wisdom's in the end, with persimmon lens absolute bargain £56 from a company called steptoes in Dorset (internet). Highly recommend well packaged and delivered by courier next day and they are definitely genuine Oakleys. So pleased with the goggles and the service I have just ordered some Blue Iridium lenses from the same place, that's my Christmas pressy from me to me. At least I will look the part if nothing else NehNeh NehNeh
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
if anybody needs a spare persimmon a frame lens, i have a brand new one i would be happy to sell you....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
col642, drop me a line with pics if you can. samegg@hotmail.com Thanks
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy