Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help re forum

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, just joined and having trouble browsing this site...how do I find if there is a thread on a certain resort going, ie Meribel?

Cheers Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
welcome to Snowheads, Kiters, snowHead . I'm not an expert, but one will probably be along in a minute. Click on "search" - towards the top left of your welcome screen. There is quite a bit on the 3 Valleys in general and a fair bit on Meribel in particular. If you can't see the info you want, post a message in one of the existing Meribel-related threads.

Are you a kiter? Braver than me, than.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Found it, thanks - taking 2 17 year old nephews with us and they want to know about night life before they go so they dont waste time! No doubt I will find something for them. We are staying in Mottaret so firstly they are going to have to get to Meribel by bus and then the fun will start no doubt! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kiters, welcome to Snowheads.

I don't mean to be a downer for your two nephews, but having worked at one of the bars in Meribel, I know that we did not allow under 18's to be in the bar after 9, and they had to be with adults if they were. Unfortunately, because Meribel is a very English resort, a lot of the bars also adopt a very British policy on drinking, i.e they do not allow under 18's, even French (I believe their laws are different), to be on the premises after 9.

I hope this does not spoil anything, but it is just advice from somebody who has had to turn away many annoyed teenagers.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Crying or Very sad dam! They are both nearly 18 (mid Feb) and do look a lot older, but appreciate you comments, will be ringing them shortly and no doubt will receive some chosen expletives down the phone, but hey, we were all young once and as I said to them, the drinking is ok, but when you are on a lift the next day and you feel like crap, it aint easy bopping down a black!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

a lot of the bars also adopt a very British policy on drinking,

Laughing

Kiters they'll have an awesome time then!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I hope this does not spoil anything, but it is just advice from somebody who has had to turn away many annoyed teenagers.

How can they get annoyed when the plain fact is they are not allowed to drink?? What is there to get annoyed about exactly?? Puzzled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kiters, Welcome.

Old enough or not, unless your Nephews have been saving rather hard, I suspect the price of a beer in the Trois Vallees may curtail their activity a little anyway. Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mountainaddict, Were you never a teenager?!! Getting "annoyed" comes with the territory!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
yes, i am a 17 year old in edinburgh and the bouncers for some reason dont believe im a 21 year old italian called luigi francesco pedreschi, i have every reason to get annoyed at them - i want to get into club/bar and they are preventing me - simple!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gdizzle, Of course, when one gets to my age the reverse applies...my wife was recently asked for ID in M&S when buying a bottle of wine..she's 36!!! She didn;t know whether to complain or feel flattered!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I thought the law on teenage drinking in France was like much of Europe - beer and wine can be bought from age sixteen, and eighteen is the limit for spirits etc. Puzzled
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Guys, Guys! I think they are more interested in the 'night life' ie chasing the ladies.....Im just interested in getting out on the white stuff and having a good time. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy