Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bob Kinnaird leaves Cairngorm as CEO to run Glenmore Lodge

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bob Kinnaird, who has run Cairngorm (Aviemore's ski mountain) for the past eight years, has left to become principal of Glenmore Lodge - the national outdoor training centre at the foot of the mountain. [sorry, this news is a couple of weeks late]

Bob Kinnaird was formerly the chief executive of BASI for ten years.

Here's Bob's final blog on the Cairngorm website: Bob's Blog [scroll down to 24 November]

Cairngorm press release 25.11.2008 [Appointment of Ian Whitaker as interim CEO]

Sport Scotland press release 21.10.2008 [Appointment of Bob Kinnaird at Glenmore Lodge]

As a BASI member during Bob's tenure at the organisation I noted his great leadership and development work. Having completed my BASI training and exam at Glenmore Lodge back in 1975, I remember what a fantastic place that is. So this should all bode well for anyone thinking of doing a course there.

Bob came in for an immense amount of controversy while running Cairngorm. There was frequent criticism of the mountain not running enough lifts and disappointing skiers. On the other hand things seem to come together very well during an unusually good ski season in 2007-8. The hill has faced enormous climatic and financial challenges over the past decade. Some think it's quite an achievement that the show is still on the road (actually it's at the top of the road).

Anyone care to comment?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bob Kinnaird is a really nice guy and BASI have never been the same since he left. I'm sure that Glenmore Lodge will prosper, but I'm not so confident about Cairngorm without him.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy