Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

anyone got spaces for 1 lady! march 15 or 22 ish? anywhere theres snow!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Already posted in trips (calling all ladies)

Just thought I should not be too narrow minded, there must be other places to ski/stay.

So although I was looking for catered chalets. Has anyone got space for one more. How about if I could go as early as feb 21 ish?

On a tight budget so no ridiculas prices please. Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

How about if I could go as early as feb 21 ish?

youngeratheart, in France (which is where most catered chalets are) it's super high season till March 7th. French school hols. That won't make a huge difference to catered chalet prices (because only the mad Brits use them). However, it does mean slopes could be pretty crowded. the middle weeks in March would be better.

If you're in a tight budget, mid January is the time to go.

As for snow - nobody knows where there'll be any snow then! But right now it's looking pretty good. snowHead

Have you thought about doing a ski course? There are some great ones out there, including some where you can go for a "female share" and avoid supplements (which is what I did when I did a course). It's not a budget option, because of the cost of the tuition, but you will have a very productive and enjoyable week. Look at Inspired to Ski, as just one example.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi pam w.

Thanks for all your advice. Unfortunately I cant go untill 21 feb because I ride for part of my living and one of the horses is qualified for a regional final on the 19th of feb so need all the time before to prepare him.

I have still got to take holiday for this year in my other job, hairdressing, and so If I dont book soon everyone else will use up their holiday and I wont get any dates.

I fancy catered cos my first ski holiday was such, met some great people ate well and skiied every minute I could, the following holiday my big bro said it was much cheaper at b and b hotel. If fact spent just as much in the end and had to drag weary legs out, pay inflated prices for average food, drank too much and couldnt get up to ski the next morning!

I'd love to improve with lessons but this year the budget wont stretch to it. I did check out the easiski link, only the last course appealed though. snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
youngeratheart, Check out or contact Joanne at http://www.mountainsunltd.com/, they have both France and Italy or book a week off and be brave and wait for/take a chance on a late deal.
I booked as a single last week with Crystal and off to La Plagne in a few hours Very Happy Look at the tour op sites for chalets that have single/bunk rooms and keep an eye on the late deals. Good luck in getting a trip snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,

I have a space on a holiday to Mayrhofen 2nd week in March. I have not been to this resort before but i have heard great things about it. The holiday is £515 half board in the anex of a nice hotel with spa and nightclub so we have use of all facilities.

If this sounds of any interest please let me know and i can give you more info.

Hope to hear from you.

Kate
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
[b]casconway191[/btst], Hi thanks for your post. does the price include flights, seems quite expensive, I have found catered chalet for £395

please let me know more. snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
youngeratheart, 15th March is the second week of the 'Butterfly trip. there are a few already signed up and most are ladies (but not all). Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks but cant really afford any tuition this time. Also I think the ladies who are booked are staying b and b or hotel, neither my cup of tea. past experience spend less if I go catered chalet.

thanks again youngeratheart
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
youngeratheart, I did say that you didn't have to have lessons - there are a few coming just for the holiday. No-one is obliged to stay in the B & B (but it's very nice and there are approx 70 bars and restos in LDA to choose from) there are people staying in Hotel Les Melezes, their own apartments and the Aarlborg with Neilsons . I was simply suggesting that you might like to join the group since that's what you seemed to be looking for - pals to ski with.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry, Charlotte. I have got quite confused with all the forum stuff, Its new to me and I overlooked the bit about lessons. If I do end up going to LDA I shall keep an eye out for the Butterflys! Have a great trip.

Thanks

Ps to myself dont try to have two threads running at once! Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy