Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First pair of skis, simple question...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to buy my first pair of skis. I've seen the ones I want on ebay, k2 skis but the bindings that come with them (marker 10) wont be attached.

How easy is it to fit the bindings? and do you have to fit them to fit your ski boots? If so how do I fit them if I dont have a pair of boots?

Sorry if this is a really stupid question... I'm a pretty good skier but have never owned my own skis before so am a bit clueless!

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
avalon42, big welcome to Snowheads. snowHead To answer your first questions, bindings would need to be fitted to the skis by someone who knows what they're doing. A shop will charge you to fit them but bindings generally have a range of size adjustment which would be OK if you tell them your shoe size. But you will find the better shops very reluctant to do this without your boots - in Decathlon in France they won't even sell you a pair of skis unless you have your boots there with you, on the spot (I know this because I missed a super cheap pair of skis that way - very annoying).

HOWEVER, if you don't yet have your own boots, I think most people would agree that that's a much more important first purchase than buying skis. You can hire good skis but it's harder to hire boots which fit you really well and give you optimum control over your skis.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
avalon42, welcome to snowHead 's
pam w, good answer Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the advice guys! Better look into getting some boots as well then!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
avalon42 wrote:
Thanks for the advice guys! Better look into getting some boots as well then!

Just get the boots and hire skis unless you are skiing more that 2 weeks a year..... then when you have more of an idea you will buy the right ski for you
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Buy the boots first and then when you buy skis you can get the bindings fitted correctly for them. Shops need to know your boot sole length to fit the bindings correctly. This length varies with both boot size and boot manufacturer. Binding fitment is not a DIY job either, but it's a quick job and not very expensive.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shops here charge 14 euros to fit bindings.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy