Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please help a solo skiier!

Poster: A snowHead
funky angel, as someone of a similar age, I regularly have the problem of where to go that won't kill me on single supplements. I now tend to book direct when going to America, and stay with friends.
If you're still loking next year, there may be an Epic/snowHeads European trip. (if I can get a few more people on board!)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know, i know Nadennoodlee (bit of a mouthful that!) i was only joking, not stressed but just trying to be witty and amusing....
I obviously failed!
Enjoy your holiday and carry on with the hijacking please, i'm feeling quite popular
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
funky angel, as I found out in a couple of my threads you have to enforce a very strict no hijacking rule or you end up in this situation Shocked , by the way any more thoughts as to where you will choose ? wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
JT,
Quote:

You know solo women skiers are like gold dust don't you...??

There are a few of us out here...you've just got to know where to look! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
funky angel, ahh just ignore me - im moody because I ate bloomin salad sprinkles instead of a chocolate finger cos i thought they were healthier- turns out theyre lardier! !! oh the humanity!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nadenoodlee, I admire your commitment to your diet me I'll be in the bar.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pollittcl, but you're not middle aged like most of us flatulent beer swilling misogynists Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque, speek for yourself, I don't drink beer Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque wrote:
pollittcl, but you're not middle aged like most of us flatulent beer swilling misogynists Madeye-Smiley

Wow what a welcome! Sounds right up my street
Mad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blitzen, Welcome to SnowHeads snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Blitzen, In at the 'deep end' eh? Welcome Blitzen, and I've yet to find a tongue in cheek or better yet head up butt smilly for myself . . . you'll just have to take me by my sig. as just a waste of bandwidth. Embarassed
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque wrote:

Like DG Orf, I would like to disagree with that statement.

Unlike DG Orf, I can't. Pass us another pint there, Masque...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
funky angel, as a single female skier you should never have to pay a single supplement. Just be sure to book last minute outside the high season. When they ask, tell the agent that you are prepared to share with another woman if she books after you. It hardly ever happens as a single bloke skier, I am reliably informed by my female friends that it is even less common for the fairer sex to volunteer to share when they know that it is going to happen for sure.

Your age is about ideal for Val d'Isere, there will be loads of other (blokes!) people around to fit in with. Just go for it, I don't think that you will ever regret it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have a suspicion that Blitzen, may have another name that we might be more familiar with, however as a moderator it would be inappropriate for me to reveal their previous identity snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
D G Orf, Cream will either rise or curdle Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 10-01-05 19:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Quote:

it would be inappropriate for me to reveal their previous identity

oooh, how annoying is that! (couldn't you give us a tiny clue?)
ski holidays
maggi,
Quote:

(couldn't you give us a tiny clue?)

of course I could........................ but I won't ! Laughing

Ok if it's who I think it is they've skied in St Moritz and they come from somewhere in the middle of the UK

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 10-01-05 19:29; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
D G Orf, I bet you will if they're young, female, beautiful, and promise to come to Wengen to ski with you rolling eyes
ski holidays
Actually that would make me even less likely to reveal their identity Little Angel
ski holidays
Thanks a lot DGO, but are you sure? I was just astounded to come across a thread where a lady asks a simple question and gets some very iffy answers. Flatulent beer swilling and misogynist - what a winning combo, and funnily enough I'm not planning a trip to Wengen this season. Little Angel
snow report
Thank you to Russell for his most polite welcome

Goodnight all, Blitzen
snow report
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Ray Zorro, awh thanks - i try!

i dont see why people get so stressed about hijacking, calm down dear, its only a snow forum snowHead snowHead
Hey, Fallen Angel....Sorry, Funky Angel.......Just a quicky 2 grab your attention, I see you've bin trawling the sites to find a ski buddy ( (I chased after you from "Neison" and hey presto you, re here ! I'll cut to the chase so 2 speak without being too presumptuous (?) wow...not bad vocab 4 a monday after work.I also have been scouring every mag,web site andagent loking 4 a bargain basement, cheap as chips, by the skin of your teeth LATE ski/board holiday and i'm getting pretty P***ed looking seeing as I started in June, (wow ....take a chill pill man) here we go, off on another mini adventure again. I am also in EXETER single finger typing in the Central library so with the two heads better than one rule applying either , A. gis a call on xxxxxxxxxx or reply on this page as 2 your thoughts....Ps...me 40 Yo male Snowboarder/skier up 4 some no strings cut the cost down snow............Anyway, good luck Confused
ski holidays
Masque, no I'm not middle aged.......... Very Happy
snow report
Blitzen, yep pretty sure if not the same person the definately a relative, seeing as you posted from the same internet access point !

Tommie39, it's a bad policy to post your mobile number, as a moderator I'm removing it I'm afraid, please use the personal message system instead to pass on that sort of info
snow report
Given that only moderators have access to the ip info your secret was pretty safe until you just blew it Confused

Note this was edited after the person concerned posted under their other name confirming my suspicions as to their identity, they have subsequently removed that post Laughing

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 10-01-05 20:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
D G Orf, thanks very much!
latest report
Blitzen, well ive no idea who the hell you are, so consider your identity safe !
latest report
This is just toooo infuriating - I hate secrets I'm not in on...ppplleeeaaase tell us all who you really are Blitzen
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well I was going to have a little fun but I've been moderately put Orf that idea now, and Cathy Coins, Nadenoodlee, you really wouldn't be interested, honestly. snowHead

oh, and I hope that funky angel, finds some fun people to ski with Laughing

(Q. How do you get gold dust onto a chair lift? Answers on a postcard to me and my mates in Lapland Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Blitzen, you should carry on with more fun, I won't let slip any more details so keep playing by all means Cool
snow conditions
Blitzen,
Quote:

How do you get gold dust onto a chair lift?

promise me untracked powder at the top?! wink
ski holidays
Very good pollittcl, I'll make sure you are mentioned in next December's dispatches!!!

Next question is: What do you call a collective of 'gold dust'? (after all there appear to be several lone ladies who ski). Prancer and Donna just came up with the rather unoriginal answer of a carat, but that really doesn't sound very suitable to me snowHead snowHead
latest report
Blitzen, well it depends but some arround here might call a collective of gold dust ..... Heaven wink
snow conditions
pollittcl, Yes lass (granny had a boardinghouse in Blackpool), but you will be Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Blitzen,
Quote:

What do you call a collective of 'gold dust'?

Expensive.........., very, VERY expensive! Very Happy

Masque, but most days I already feel ancient (must be the result of a miss-spent childhood {I can't say youth 'coz you'd get at me for that Very Happy }).
Blackpool has some nice illuminations!
ski holidays
pollittcl, the only reason Blackpool has some nice illuminations is that they were to lazy to take theChristmas decorations down Shocked
snow report
D G Orf, It also helps take your mind off the everpresent stink of fried sugar, vomit and grease. It were a bit more bracing when I were a lad!
ski holidays
Oh dear, have we chased funky angel, away with all our comments ?
snow report
Hi DG Orf, no you havent chased me away, i can only log in during my lunch hour and it has taken me about half an hour already to read through all these comments! And ta for your comment Blitzen (whoever you are) it does seem like i will be able to find lots of people to ski with!

Hey, Fallen Angel....Sorry, Funky Angel either , A. gis a call on xxxxxxxxxx or reply on this page as 2 your thoughts....Ps...me 40 Yo male Snowboarder/skier up 4 some no strings cut the cost down snow............Anyway, good luck

Thanks for your message Tommie. But... err.... what does "up for some no strings cut the cost down snow" actually mean? Surely you arent implying that we "bunk up" in a shared room to save on the single supplement are you? I mean im an open minded girl and all for a fun skiing holiday, but what if you snore? Or hog the duvet? Oh no, it just wouldnt work im afraid! Little Angel
I didnt get your phone number anyway, the moderator has deleted it, presumably to stop you being inundated with messages from gorgeous ski bunnys looking to share a room with you? Smile
But seriously, if you find any good deals, please send me a message and let me know? I may leave it till the last minute to try and avoid single supplements but if theres a good deal going we could always see about booking the same holiday and do a car share to Bristol/Gatwick maybe?
Bye for now
snow report
D G Orf, Very Happy Very Happy (re Blackpool)

Masque, it's not too bad if you go in the middle of winter, and in the pouring rain - saying that we only went 'coz it had been 20 years since the previous visit! Went to Morcambe last time instead! (family tradition thing) Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy