Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head C150 vs. C140 - is there a difference?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I've come back to skiing after 20-year break and plan on getting intermediate allmountain carvers. I have narrowed my choice to Head C150 skis (just for the first year or two), but somewhere on the web I saw some comments on the C150 being re-badged C140 skis. Could anyone confirm this or point out the differences between the two models?

Thanks very much in advance.

Voi
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kartrait, I don't know enough about Head ski models to be able to answer your question, but I do have a pair of Head C140s which are in their second season. They suit me well as a dweller on the intermediate plateau who has too many years on the clock (I'm 55) and weighs far too much. I only took up skiing at the age of 47 and skid a lot.

I find the C140s to be a very forgiving ski (they have to be) and they have done a lot for my confidence. At the Ski Show this season I looked at the new models for this year and the only difference I could see was a change of colour of a small bit in front of the bindings I don't know the purpose of. (Isn't it great to deal with experts!)

One thing I like about them is their stability on the schuss. Some carvers I have used seem to make suggestions, but these guys just go straight on unless told to do otherwise. Reviews I have read suggest they are a well specified ski for their price. I use them with Head E-Fit boots.

Hope this is of some use.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kartrait, just recently been shopping for skis and I looked at the C140s (best price I found was £240 at http://www.snowlines.co.uk/acatalog/Snowlines_Online-SKIING_AND_BOARDING-SKIS.html ) and if you're looking for all mountain on piste comfort the ROSSIGNOL OPEN 500's are being sold by http://www.edge2edge.co.uk/acatalog/Edge_2_Edge_Online-NEW_SKIS-SKIS.html for 200squid DMS&S rated these as the best and that price it's a winner.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

Thanks for the responses. Well, I still don't know whether these two models are basically the same skis... Smile
Speaking of purchase - I actually found a good deal on the C150 skis here in Toronto - 350 CAD including the SLD11 bindings.
I do have another question however... - do you have any suggestions or recommendations about Head C150 vs. Salomon Crossmax 7.9? Both models can be found for similiar price, but I can't find any specs for Salomons... Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks,

Voi
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy