Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tour Op. Board Pack Vs. DIY ??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear Snowheads,

This is my first post so please be gentle.

I have booked my first snowboarding holiday to Sauze d'Oulx, going Feb 8th for a week.

Being complete beginners the tour op suggested a beginner snowboards pack (level-0) as a cost of £270 per person. This includes equipment hire, lessons and beginner lift pass.

I am trying to keep the cost of this holiday down as much as possible without ruining it. Therefore I wanted to check with Snowheads before parting with £540 of my hard earned cash, to see if £270pp is a competitive price, or whether I could save more by organizing it myself?..

Many thanks,

Drew.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Big_Drew, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=12741

Can't contribute too much as I've never been to Sauze but you do need to hammer the TO to define in writing the number of people in the lesson group (lower should be better) and what the difference is between a "beginner lift pass" and a standard resort pass is as many resorts have a 'gratis' or free lift on the bunny slope . . . though I can't remember any at an Italian resort.

Do a 'search' in snowHeads and Google the resort with your same question and I'm sure you'll get plenty of info. I would say that £270, on the surface seems reasonable for all kit, lessons and pass BUT! That depends on the quality of said "kit, lessons and pass" wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks Masque. I've done a bit of research and apparently, the lessons on 3 days for 2 hours per day, the lessons are maxium 15 people in the group, who knows as to the quality of the equipment? (fingers crossed) and the beginner pass does actually include the full mountain despite the name?.... A.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

maxium 15 people in the group

Shocked Shocked
That's far too many.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Big_Drew wrote:
maxium 15 people in the group

That's 10 too many.
Once you get beyond 6 in a beginner's group the learning cycle drops into the toilet very quickly Confused
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hmmm
Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Big_Drew wrote:
apparently, the lessons on 3 days for 2 hours per day

That's not very many hours of lessons, either. And with 15 in a group, you're not going to get much done...

I'd look at private lessons (usually pretty much the same price for two people as for one) - you'll learn much more, & two hours per day over three days would make a lot more sense on that basis.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have lessons in the UK so you can enjoy the mountain more when you get out there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy