Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heading to L2A on 10/1 for a week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am heading to L2A for my second boarding holiday after having a great time there this time last year. I'm planning on taking 2 more 1 week boarding breaks this year between now and April and was wondering 2 things:

1) I have my own boots. Looking at skiset, board is going to set me back 70€ rental each week which is £70 now we are at parity and i dont know what i will get. I've been to MK several times in the past year and will do in the coming year so it would be nice to have a board of my own. Given that im going to spend 3 weeks out this year would now be a good time to buy board and binding?

2) Assuming I buy a board am i better off doing it somewhere like BBC or out in L2A given the aweful exchange rate currently? Rome Solution 160 looks good to me i can find out UK prices, can anyone tell me where to look for prices for comparison in L2A so i can find out which is cheaper?

thanks for any help

booked the trip this evening so now im stoked about boarding in a weeks time!

naryn
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
naryn, getting your own kit is almost always a better idea than hiring, esp if you know what kind of kit you want to be riding.

i don't know details of lda stores for price comparisons, but leah and craig at bbc gave me really good service when i went there for my boots. i will definitely go back there for more kit in the future.

i also just wanna point out that you should take into account how you will be travelling out to your resorts, as you will have to possibly pay extra for transporting your kit out there (low cost airlines, cost of decent board bag, etc.)

hope it helps.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
for three weeks hols this year it maybe worth getting your own board and bindings, great for consistency and learning by using the same board, and because in the main hire boards and bindings are cr@p unless you are lucky.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Deffinately buy your board and bindings here mate.
There was a thing in a mag this month, whitelines i think. It was giving reasons why the exchange rate was good now for us boarders. One of the reasons were things boards are so much cheaper here in the uk. They had loads of comparisons of boards,the difference was ridiculous!
Have you checked out the LOVE boards? Would be a must for me if i was getting a new board this season!

If flying BA, then board is free. If your going easyjet or the like its about £16 each way
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ok i will have to have a look at the mag cos im not getting how it could be cheaper, i will head to the newsagents tomorrow. Have the shops brought the prices down then? I'm finding it hard to find a shop in L2A that has a website so i can compare anyway!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Given that im going to spend 3 weeks out this year would now be a good time to buy board and binding?

Yes.

I have a "Love" board, which was a great price, though I'm too useless to be a good judge of whether it's any good, my nephew borrowed it in heaps of powder last March and flew around the mountain on it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm leaning heavily towards a Ride Antic 160 at the moment. Of the intermediate all mountain boards that seem suitable for me ie K2 Podium, Rome Solution, i like the graphics most on the Antic.

My big issue is do i go to BBC over the weekend and buy one or do i wait till im in L2A! Because its only 1 week till i go away YAY! snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
naryn, regards the pricing question: on a £1 = €1 basis if you look at the prices for boards on sites like www.bluetomato.at (is austrian based, but useful for the info you're after as they are a reasonably priced euro-based site) you'll see that boards are waaay more expensive in europe than in the uk.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sherlock235, a lot of the stock that UK shops hold may well have been bought when £1 = €0.7 whereas anuthing you buy in L2A will be at 1:1 because of the exchange rate, you may pick up a cheap second hand board and bindings in L2A though !
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hello,

I was out in L2A a couple of weeks back for a quick trip out and I would say definitely buy in the UK. The prices are insane out in the resort and as people have said with an exchange rate of something around 1.07 it's definitely not worth it. Oh and if you are looking for a Ride board you will certainly struggle to find one in L2A, I lost a part of my Ride bindings and only found one shop that even sold ride.
Most of the current season stuff will be around the same price no matter what shop you go into in the UK but some shops will certainly be up for doing a deal if you are buying more than just a board so it's well worth asking!

Have a goodun in L2A!! The snow was great when I went a couple of weeks ago! Hopefully they have opened all the runs by now.

T.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BBC were really good helping me buy my boots and i would like to go back their to buy buy board, bindings, bag buy its hard to justify the 3 hour round trip from south London especially as they dont have the Antic in stock that i want.

Can anyone recommend a shop in london that i can get a good deal on a Ride Antic, Ride bindings and a bag? Going to go check out TSA in covent garden and maybe snowfit Revolutionz Greenwich, must be able to get a discount on a full setup right?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy