Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

English skiing article in the Guardian.co.uk

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mostly right, except there is no 'slopeside cafe' at Yad Moss, Yad Moss is in the Cumbrian Pennines, not the Lake district and Swinehope (Weardale) is in County Durham. Laughing

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2008/dec/11/skiing-snowboarding-wales-england?page=all
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Guardian is busy moving its HQ from Farringdon Road to the new Kings Place development near Kings Cross. Geographical knowledge will be required for this too!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Peter S, They have obviously been editing the article in the last 10 mminutes then Smile

They certainly now say Yad Moss is in Cumbria, and Swinehope in County Durham. I suspect they have seen the fact tat there is now a "daylodge" at Yad Moss, and assumed that would include a Cafe.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't know, it doesn't list Greenwich Park...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Must admit with the serious slide of the £, 3 weeks in the Alps just seem extravagant. So I am thinking of a week in the UK - Scotland rather than Cumbria, though. Maybe instead of the MSB.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If there is snow in Scotland in the last week of jan i think im gonna do a week split between nevis and cairngorm rather than a lastminute trip to the alpes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is often almost no snow or inadequate snow in Scotland till March, or a slump to almost nothing in mid winter afer a good start. March would be a much better time to go.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowball wrote:
There is often almost no snow or inadequate snow in Scotland till March, or a slump to almost nothing in mid winter afer a good start. March would be a much better time to go.

March the last few seasons has been good but you cant write off the other months.

snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Mostly right, except there is no 'slopeside cafe' at Yad Moss, Yad Moss is in the Cumbrian Pennines, not the Lake district and Swinehope (Weardale) is in County Durham

Peter S Mostly right - except it's Swinhope not Swinehope is it not? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Goldsmith wrote:
The Guardian is busy moving its HQ from Farringdon Road to the new Kings Place development near Kings Cross.

Slightly OT wink but actually went to Kings Place for lunch today. Very nice and looks like a super place to go in the summer, with restaurant and terrace on the canal. Peeked our heads into the concert hall, looks like a lovely venue - 'intimate' I think they'd call it Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy