Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Neo or Punisher

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone skied both on a mountain? I've tried both at MK (166cm and 172cm respectively) and must say was pleasantly surprised at their ability to clean carve pretty short turns. What're they like when opened up into big fast carves on hard snow? What're they like on bumps? Thing is, maybe I need to ski both more (and somewhere a bit more open wink ), but they didn't seem to feel all that different...

The Neos are supposedly better on piste (steel thingumy in base thingy so more rebound) and the Punisher off piste but I'm not big and heavy and I reckon the Neos will give me sufficient support in soft snow so perversely am not so concerned about off piste performance (though that's obviously what I want them for).

Any thoughts, please?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
never skiied the neo's and anyone who reads the threads will know my view of the punisher...pretty poor but then i suppose they're an intermediate-type ski??? i thought they were soft and lacked support in pow, really crap on the piste, ok-ish for jibbing, but theres plenty who love 'em! but if you like 'em......

personally i'd go for something from the movement/icelantic/line/black crows range, could'nt fault those, theyre pretty special.

maybe a wee bit more info, weight/height/ability/intended use would help out those guys who've skiied them and im happy to help out any specific questions ya got, back in may i did a ski review on here that has these skis in,maybe worth searching out???
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the_doc, which of those is most capable of clean carved slalom turns, which is quickest edge-to-edge? All fat skis lose piste performance and I want to lose as little piste performance as possible.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
slikedges wrote:
the_doc, which of those is most capable of clean carved slalom turns, which is quickest edge-to-edge? All fat skis lose piste performance and I want to lose as little piste performance as possible.

don't we all Laughing

when you find them let me know as I probably weigh the same as you, well maybe a little more. I skied the Missions and my OH skied on the Punisher an and off-piste last week in Tignes. They were OK, but not sure we'd rush out and buy them. Confused
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
slikedges, I've just got some Punishers (191) that are now waiting for their NTN bindings and all I can say is that they're F'n stiff and although wide at the waist it's still a deep sidecut from those fat ugly shovels so it'll probably mean that they need to have their neck's rung on piste . . . and from all the reading I've done, they respond well in hard conditions as long as you're positive/energetic. The setup will be convertible between telemark and alpine so it'll be interesting to see how they fare with different weighting inputs.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have last season's Neos and I love them - responsive and a bit forgiving. You can take the anywhere and they'll keep working.

On the other hand the Punishers are just as good but a little less stiff.

What made me decide was that I got a good deal on the Neos.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The_Hirsty, The Neos are STIFFER Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I found the Punishers to have quite a medium flex with the Neos being just marginally stiffer.

It may have changed for this season though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm going with Line Prophet 100s this season as a do-it-all ski. But they're only ever going to see Western Canada, so no need to account for serious hardpack or moguls. Prophet 90s might be a good alternative, particularly for a lighter skier. My current Head Monster iM82s are also a great allrounder and they certainly do work really well on piste with hardly any compromise.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all your opinions so far. Along with Punisher 89mm and Neo 83mm, the other skis I've been recommended were the iM82 and Tornado 76mm. Haven't been recommended anything at 79 or 80mm or thereabouts. Tornados (not sure which of 3 versions I was on rolling eyes) are pretty nippy, but thought I should try a little fatter. Haven't had the opportunity to ski iM82, but might get to in 6 days or so...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've got the Aztec Pros which are essentially a slightly narrower Neo. They've got the titanal layer too and they have a HUGE amount of rebound. Great for short snappy turns on piste but fairly skittish on ice. Off piste is where they really shine, even though they're 78mm waist. I'm pretty light though (70kg)...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sharkymark, thanks for reminding me about those. They should be on my list because though I haven't been recommended them recently, I skied them for a few days a couple of years ago and enjoyed them both on and off piste.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
175cm a bit short for me now and will probably get something fatter...but stay with Scott as I like the feel of all of their skis I've tried
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy