Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year 09 - help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya,

I have a ridiculous job which is only allowing me a few days off over the winter and I am currently trying to fill this with some ski time. I have from the 31st December to the 5th January off, and was wondering whether anyone could suggest a fairly cheap option for me to go skiing. I really don't mind what accommodation I have, don't even mind sleeping on a couch, as long as I manage to get my 5 days skiing this year! Any suggestions would be much appreciated, my budget is about £250 - 300 for accommodation and travel (Ski pass and food etc extra, but I know I can't really control this as its dependent on the resort). If anyone has any spare places on trips or any other ideas, please please please let me know.

Thanks

Kate
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
KateF, Hi Kate - sorry but you are going to be extremely lucky to a) find anything available, especially with 'odd' dates (27/12 - 3/1 or 28/12 -4/1 are the NY week dates this year) and b )your budget for accommodation and travel isn't going far. Sad I've been booking NY week since May and there is very, very little left anywhere now. I do wish you luck though Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah I know, dates are odd - thats due to my work unfortunately, (rubbish job to have if you like the winter as thats when all the work is). Could probs stretch on the budget if I found something, probs to £450ish at a push - its the ONLY chance I have to ski this year....maybe I'l have to resort to getting the National Express then staying in a very warm sleeping bag in a tent!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
KateF, auditor?

good luck with the New Year. There was a thread somewhere around here started by hofnar, who had two spaces for ladies in a chalet over NY - you may be able to organise DIY flights.

As for entertaining the idea of tent plus warm sleeping bag, chapeau!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haha, yes, I am an auditor. At least until October 2009, then I will definitely change jobs if they don't let me go on sensible ski holidays!

Thanks, I'll search for that thread
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chalets direct Solutions room might be able to help, I'm still seeing people getting offers on there...good luck!

http://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=1
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think your best chance is to look for a friend with a spare sofa in a self-cateting appt. I'd imagine all the spare beds in chalets etc are gone / difficult to book given your dates.

Know anyone doing a season?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We could do it! 30th December - 5th January at £338 per person in a catered chalet in Les Coches (Paradiski). If there's only one of you and you want guaranteed single occupancy a room there's a supplement of 50%, but this doesn't apply if you're willing to share (and you may or may not end up sharing).

We offer evening Geneva transfers at £12.50 per person each way - collecting in the evening around 19:30 (or later) on 30th (so you could get a flight after work?). We'd leave resort around 16:00 on way back to serve flights after 20:30..

If of interest drop me an email at mountain.sun@virgin.net ...

Hope you find what you're looking for in any case.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Kate
Just seen your post.
I don't know if this helps or if you are already fixed up or not but I know as of Tuesday these had a twin self catered studio available in Zermatt, as they emailed me to ask me which one I wanted. It is very central, about 100m from the train station so no hills to roll back up.
its about 700chf for a week.
trains from geneva take about 3.5 hrs and cost 85chf
I will be driving back late on the 1st an have a spare seat, and I know squeasyjet have flights available all weekend but are getting a bit pricey as everyone wants to be back for the 5th Jan
email Irma on Taxi Imboden [taxi.imboden@rhone.ch] if you are interested
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy