Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am off to Les Arcs 1950 for a fortnight in March. I would really appreciate someone in the know giving me some info about a great route from Les Arcs 1950 that takes in the best slopes so that I can get a good feel for the place.

I stayed in 1600 a couple of years ago but I would like a route that gets alot of sun etc is a good blast minimises time on lifts etc.

Any takers?

cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Blindside, Theres an appealing route that goes from Villaroger, just over the hill from you (morning sun) to Montalbert. You get some speedy skiing through Peisey trees, and some of the nicer slopes on the La Plagne side wink
I'm sure there will be other s along to give some more advice though...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Blindside, There are 465kms of slopes. Where to start Madeye-Smiley . Make sure to get the Paradski pass so you can go across to La Plagne and just go for it. So many great runs you won't be disappointed and 1950 is a great loaction.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Both

Thanks so far.

I've stayed and skied in both La Plagne and Les Arcs previously. I would really appreciate some pointers on a good route to take starting from 1950 to stay in the sun Smile and that will give me a great re-introduction to the area.

cheers
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Blindside, Depends if the sun is shining Toofy Grin . Morning time the runs over towards Pesiey on Les Arcs side catch the sun or down les Sources from Roche Del Mio in La Plagne.

What types of runs you looking for, black, red, blue, uphill? Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Happy on anything. I just don't want to miss the best run or criss cross unnecessarily Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blindside, What's a 'best run'? I quite like steep and lumpy red runs and utterly detest blue/green tracks...so you're question is a bit hard to answer really! And thefatcontroller, is right. Having been to Les Arcs a few times, I cannot remember coming back like a panda!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Having been to Les Arcs a few times, I cannot remember coming back like a panda!

Does that mean that the sun doesn't shine in Les Arcs Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Blindside, OK there are very few runs like the red Malgovert anywhere else in the Alps. Then go warp 10 down the Mont Blanc blue, back up to do Rouelles bumps, over Arpette and down Bois de L'Ours for lunch at 1950, then up the Aiguille, down to Villaroger. If there's anything left in your legs back up to the Aiguille and down the Genepi, the Lanches and the Dou de l'Homme. You should sleep well...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers guys.

Martin that sounds easy Smile

I definitely want to work on my bumps technique this winter. So bumps interspersed with blasting about is the thing Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Blindside, If you want bumps, head to the glacier in La Plagne and do the 2 blacks up to the side of the glacier, bellecote and Le Rochu. In particular Le Rochu, the moguls just go on and on and on.......... Skullie
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thefatcontroller, stop it! My knees and thighs have just started aching at the thought of it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boredsurfing, I was very close to crying 1/2 way down the first section of Rochu. Little did I realise there was a second section on Rochu. Then I was crying Skullie Skullie
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Blindside, Another 2 mogul fields to practice on La Plagne side are Les Coqs and Morbleau above Aime La Plagne to the right. Skullie . Took schussinboots from here down Morbleau as her second ever black run in April this year. We had done it the day before in nice fluffy powdery moguls. We took her down the next day after a very heavy freeze Skullie Skullie . In fairness she got down but was in great need of a fag and genepe at the bottom. Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thefatcontroller, you big meanie! I share her pain! Mines a whisky! snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy