Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Soft Light Ladies Boots, Any Good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I have talked my partner into going skiing with me after about 10 years of refusal!! Toofy Grin

Her main gripe was painfull boots, I have seen these and would like to know if they will be any more comfy than "normal" boots

She will be back in ski school and will never go any harder than a green or blue Puzzled

All advice welcome, Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
blades,

At risk of taking some flak I may be able to give you some insight; After my 1st week of skiing last Jan my main problem was suffering very badly with foot pain. It reminded me of the pain I had suffered years ago when I used to ice skate loads.Did try several pairs of boots but always ended up with the same agonising pains .
After some research when I returned home I 'found' the mens version of these for such a good price I thought it was worth the 'punt'. Also, put in a pair of 'heat' moldable insoles from 'yoursole.com' & no more pains.................a major relief indeed, so now ( on the MK snow slope for now at least) can concentrate on the skiing instead of the pains in my feet.
So I give them them a big thumbs up ( & they were less than 50 quid Little Angel ), although some people are curious about the 'lace up ' arrangement.
Cheers
Mitch
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Less than fifty quid?

Where, I can only find them for £65 plus postage at the ski wearhouse on ebay

Thanks for the reply
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
blades,

If you mean, ski & board discount warehouse, thats where I got mine from, the price was floating around 54 or 56 then looked one day & it was 49! I was going to buy them anyway & that made me do it right then. Saying that, 65 is pretty cheap . Although if you can wait , they do vary their prices occasionally. Ask on email if they have anything else, theres a really helpfull aussie girl who is very helpfull.
I do recall the 'better' colours were dearer.............mine are the orange & grey, whilst the blue/grey was £74'ish.
Skiwear4less are also doing another pretty cheap rossignol ladys boot that might do the trick.
Would recommend the insole though as the ones that come with the boot are not that good.................plus wore boots round the house for an hour a day or so for a couple of weeks to get them set to my feet.
Went the next size down on my regular shoe size as well ( I,m normally Uk 9 to 9 1/2 & got the mondo point 27-5, which is supposedly 8 1/2 uk) ............they were well snug 1st time on but then thats what you want I guess. Still snug now, but very comfy considering its a ski boot.
I would advise you to get them & if it doesnt work, put them back on ebay for a liitle less........or send them back & get a credit note from the 'shop', they wont give a refund which is understandable I suppose.............if you do get them, dont bother paying for next day delivery as they turn up 2nd day anyway.
Good luck
Mitch
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had some, I got rid of them, they killed my toes, despite buying the same size as I was already wearing (still Rossignol, but a normal hard shell) . Ruined a couple of holidays, so I went and bought some boots that were fitted properly instead. Don't buy them unless they are going to be fitted by a bootfitter. That bargain won't seem so good if your GF still has sore feet.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont,

The wisdom of a lady!! you see I would never of thought of that bit!!!

Thanks again
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

will never go any harder than a green or blue

blades, that's a bit pessimistic! But it might well be true if you buy her ski boots by post off ebay. Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w,

She will have what she is given and be greatfull Toofy Grin

<-------- now runs for cover
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
the boot si now 5-6 years outy of date they are only any good if they fit....not really a lot to say
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CEM,

Any current boots that fit the bill?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
soft boots died because essencially they didn't work as well as they were supposed to, if they didn't fit then the skier would tighten the instep clip and crush the foot

i can't begin to guess what would work without seeing the foot of the skier, boots have come a long way in the past 10 years and if yuo OH has only skied a little before then she may even be better just renting a boot for this trip, the quality of rental kit is a lot better than it was...when do you go and where to
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CEM,

January to Zell am See
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I had exactly the same issue as you in that I had convinced my wife to give skiing a go (It would be a great thing for the kids to learn!) but she was unhappy with the rental boots at Xscape. Having been skiing for a number of years and having had my own boots fitted I could certainly see the benefit however I was reluctant to invest a huge sum if it were to be her one and only trip.

We ended up buying some Salomon boots from Decathalon in Stockport. The sales assistant was very knowledgable about the various boots on offer, my wife tried on a couple of different pairs and settled on the Salomons. They were less than £100 and fit perfectly.

Easter 2009 will be her third week and we've never looked back. Best investment bar none.

If I could just get her to carry her own skis........
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy