Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SnowHeads meet in Morzine / Avoriaz over Christmas / New Year

Poster: A snowHead
We are having two snowHeads meet ups on 24th December and 28th December.

Confirmed for 24th:
- FlyingStantoni and MrsFlyingStantoni
- DallyPaul
- standee
- carrosa
- saxabar
- hels_t (I think)

Confirmed for 28th:
- horizon
- geepee
- standee

snowHeads skiing in the area over Christmas / New Year:

FlyingStantoni and MrsFlyingStantoni - 24th Dec - 4th Jan (Morzine)
stuart - 21st Dec - 3rd Jan (Prodains)
horizon - 27th Dec - 2nd Jan (Morzine)
ady944 - 22nd - 27th Dec (Morzine) (2 experienced, 2 beginners)
standee - 22nd Dec - 30th Dec (Morzine) (2 peeps)
hels_t - 23rd Dec - 6 Jan (Morzine) (+ small possie!)
doctor_eeyore - 3rd - 17th Jan (Morzine) (1 + 1 + foal)
carrosa - 22nd - 30th Dec (Morzine) (4 peeps)
R555MAC - 14th Dec - 4th Jan (Chatel)
saxabar - 20th - 27th Dec (Chatel) (with family, but seeking to escape!)
geepee - 26th Dec - 2nd Jan (Champery) (with depressingly good 16 yo son)

Available to meet up depending on work commitments...
snowandtrek
DallyPaul

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 19-12-08 22:34; edited 17 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
FlyingStantoni, staying in Prodaind, skiing 21st December to 3rd Jan
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Getting there (and skiing!) on the 27th Dec, staying in Morzine for the week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boarding 22nd to 27th dec, staying in morzine, 2 experienced, 2 beginners!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Welcome to snowHeads ady944.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dr & Mrs Eeyore +1 3rd -17th Jan in Morzine

Only DrE skiing as Mrs Eeyore is in foal again.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tomorrow, for 5 days. Looks like good snow. Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Standee and other half, arrive 22nd Dec, leave 30th Dec, staying Morzine, both experienced skiers, know Morzine/Avoriaz well.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
me, 23 December to 6 January staying with mates in Morzine somewhere. I don't know my way around but my buddies are out there already so hopefully they'll know where they are going (although I know 2 of them have a much worse sense of direction than me)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi FlyingStantoni, I know you know but I thought I'd add myself to the list.... I'll be in Morzine ( +3 ) and know my way around ... although I guess you'll be incognito judging by the new handle ?

13th - 15th December

22nd - 30th December

Roy Hockley, AFAIK Avoriaz is not opening until 12th, or have they decided to open early ?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
carrosa wrote:

Roy Hockley, AFAIK Avoriaz is not opening until 12th, or have they decided to open early ?

Some lifts open
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Roy Hockley, we were out over the weekend and they seem to be keeping the same lifts open this week, namely

Main cables from Prodains and Ardent
Connecting lifts in Avoriaz and Lindaret

There is therefore oodles of area that can be reached

So good luck and enjoy, we are out again this weekend when we're hoping further lifts will be open

snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Im out on the ski's 14th-4th(jan).

It would be Avoriaz ideally for me as the Chalet is in Chatel.

Hopefully meet out there then, the snow looks immmense Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Welcome to snowHeads R555MAC.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ady944 - how beginnerish are your beginners?
snow conditions
Will you "locals" be poisting a similar list for lkater in the season - eg 16-21st Jan?
If so I know someone that'll be in Les Gets on those dates...
ME! Very Happy
snow report
FlyingStantoni, Room for a boarder? Add me as a possible as I'll be in Chatel 20-27th Dec. As I will have extended family in tow this might be a welcome escape, if I can get away! My first real-life meet. Eek!
snow conditions
I'll be in Champery from 26th December to the 2nd January with my 16 yo son. I don't know the area but I've been skiing for donkeys years and my son was progressing well into off piste skiing last year.
snow report
saxabar, ssssshhhhhh, I'm a boarder too I was just going to infiltrate the skiers Toofy Grin
ski holidays
hels_t wrote:
saxabar, ssssshhhhhh, I'm a boarder too I was just going to infiltrate the skiers Toofy Grin

Ah, I feel lots of toe-side traverses and bumps coming on... Cool
ski holidays
If transfers and guesties allow I would love to come for a slide around. Will watch this thread for a Date/RDV and try to make it.

Never in the anals and all that, has one had to clear so much snow in Morzine town so early in the season. And it's still falling.
Just for info. Le Plenay will not be open to the public this Saturday. It is being used by a corporate group for the day. Will open Sunday, the navettes around town start Saturday though so you can access the other main lifts.
snow report
FlyingStantoni,

1 is a complete beginner and 1 is my other half who can actually board quite decent but due to her fear of going more than 5MPH
is struggling a little bit, but she's had 3 weeks now so if i can crack her fear she should be away with the others!
snow conditions
As good a place as any to put this,

I've been to Morzine quite a lot (5 times) and feel there are areas I've still not visited, anyone got any "gems" that people generally don't stumble across?
snow conditions
Please see note at top of thread

Meeting on 24th December...

9:00, inside at La Poya, which is a restaurant near the top of the Prodains cable car. La Poya is restaurant at the bottom of Boulevard des Skieurs - just by the bottom of the Plateau chair. From the Prodains cable car look left up the piste and La Poya is the place with red chairs outside.

We will leave promptly at 9:30.

I'll be wearing a brightish blue jacket and have a white helmet.

Please post here to confirm if you intend to come and I'll PM you my French mobile number. For people staying away from Morzine / Avoriaz (or people running late) then we'll meet on the pistes - give me a ring.

Not ever having been to a snowHeads on-snow bash (and not knowing the etiquette), we're probably going to need to split into two groups - one "pootley" group with the beginners and another for confident red run skiers and above.

The red runners will be heading to Linderats and over to Pre la Joux / Linga sector (which requires you to go down a red run).
ski holidays
Volunteer needed to organise 27th.
latest report
FlyingStantoni, shall we do 28 to make sure those who get in on the 27th have a sporting chance?
snow conditions
Works for me - although I can't make that either sorry (two days of telemark - anyone who wants to take the pee will find me at the top of Chavannes).

What do other people think to 28th?
latest report
FlyingStantoni wrote:
Works for me - although I can't make that either sorry (two days of telemark - anyone who wants to take the pee will find me at the top of Chavannes).

What do other people think to 28th?

28th is good for me and I'll be willing do do a bit of organising if necessary, although I don't know the area. As we are based in Champery I would suggest a meet in Avoriaz, as its not far for us.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We can make the 28th, and know the area well enough for us to have a good ski around.
snow conditions
Have put 24th on the book. So should be ok. Happy to lead a group depending on numbers. Can sort at La Poya.
27th I have a GVA run Pm. and our guesties will need looking after from then on anyway.
snow conditions
I've changed the second meet up date to 28th - I'll maintain a list of those confirmed at the top of the page.

DallyPaul - excellent - will be good to meet you.
latest report
put us down for 24th as well as 28th
latest report
any chance we can start to get some ideas together for this, I'll have net access tomorrow pretty much all day/night, Friday I am out of the loop, likewise Sunday, we fly to GVA Monday and not sure if we get on in Chalet until we get there.
latest report
DallyPaul, I will no doubt see you before then but we will meet you and FlyingStantoni, on the 24th at La Poya
snow conditions
FlyingStantoni,

We will definately be there, not sure about Poya for 09:30, depends on shuttles from our Chalet to the Super Morzine and then over to Prodains. PM Me your French mobile if you will.

By the way, Boxing Day I will be mostly skiing in my Scooby Doo outfit!!!
ski holidays
Although I should know the area, I have no idea where La Poya is! Anyone any idea whether I can make it there on a tea-tray catching 1st lifts from Chatel?
snow report
saxabar, La Poya is a smallish restaurant opposite the Prodains cable-car exit, next door to la taniere... however FlyingStantoni, has suggested skiing in Chatel Linga so the group will be heading your way anyway ...
snow conditions
saxabar, in principle you could make it over by 9:30. But, as carrosa says, that's why I was proposing heading in your direction.
snow conditions
PM with contact details sent to DallyPaul, Standee, saxabar and carrosa.

Standee - could you act as organiser for 28th please?
snow conditions
FlyingStantoni,

yeah, happy to, people need to make sure they post their levels and where they want to meet (and also what passes they are getting)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy