Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs January and February trip - Ski passes!?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Myself and 2 friends are skiing for 2 months in les arcs and it seems that this is a nightmare for ski passes. It seems that a season ski pass is going to have to be the option (unless anyone else has any other suggestion?). This means we're paying the full season price but only usiong it for half the time.

Would it be possible to sell our season passes to someone in a similar situation who will find buying weekly passes astronomical for their stay if they are staying for a long period? Is this very much frowned upon? I dont think the passes have photos so it would surely be possible...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Arcs season passes do have photos on them. When you go through a lift turnstyle the photo appears on a monitor for the lifties to see.

Les Arcs passes are not transferable, so legally you can't sell them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gorillamanjac, tyoically a season pass makes commercial sense at about 4 weeks skiing so you are getting a pretty good deal here anyway. As rob@rar, says they have photos which are regularly checked and cannot transfer them.

Les Arcs is not unique here in terms of pass.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mouth wrote:
gorillamanjac, tyoically a season pass makes commercial sense at about 4 weeks skiing so you are getting a pretty good deal here anyway. As rob@rar, says they have photos which are regularly checked and cannot transfer them.

Les Arcs is not unique here in terms of pass.

I think it's 3 weeks and 6 days!! (not that I've looked at the pricing or anything!) - so yes you're laughing compared to the punters..

Hey gorillamanjac I'm out their for the season, would be good to hook up and do some runs...whereabouts are you staying?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arc 2000. Awesome! Some of my friends are doing the season (theyre staying in bourg), they leave next week-end, Im so jealous but I decided to save my money and do a little travelling elsewhere during my year out. Where you staying?

Thanks! I thought we were right on the line (between weekly passes and season passees bein the same). Well thats good news. So im guessin its best to get the pass once your there right? or are there internet discounts and this kind of shiznippery?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gorillamanjac wrote:
Arc 2000. Awesome! Some of my friends are doing the season (theyre staying in bourg), they leave next week-end, Im so jealous but I decided to save my money and do a little travelling elsewhere during my year out. Where you staying?

Thanks! I thought we were right on the line (between weekly passes and season passees bein the same). Well thats good news. So im guessin its best to get the pass once your there right? or are there internet discounts and this kind of shiznippery?

Staying in Plan-Peisey v. close to where the lift is to the link to La Plagne. Keen to hook up with other seasonaires too. There are no discounts on passes ever, unless you own property in the resort, so I'm just going to walk to the caisse on friday and hit up the credit card (gulp!)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gorillamanjac, just got here, loads of snow, even some down in the valley. Hope to go for a ski tomorrow.

I am out for the season as well. Do you guys ski or board. As for ski passes. Just get the season pass, you will still make a saving. Let's meet up for a beer, PM me when you get here.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sounds like a plan! Well I dont get out there till january, but a group of my friends leave next weekend.

Which pass are you getting? I understand theres 2 different ones, one smaller one about 500 euro and then the whole of paradiski type thing for more.

And Im a skier. In total they'll be 6 of us out there with only 1 boarder, 7 at one point, and we all just finished school. (i say just, I mean in june)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gorillamanjac, If going for 2 months, get the Paradski pass. Gives you unlimited access to La Plagne and I think some free days in other areas? But definitely get the Paradski, but more but La Plagne is worth it.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gorillamanjac, I agree with thefatcontroller, if you are out for more than three weeks it is better value to get the full paradiski pass so that you can go everywhere. You will also get discounts in Val/Tignes, three valleys and some of the smaller locsl resorts. Well worth the money. I just got mine online today. very easy to do. Just go to the Les Arcs web page and follow the links.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I bought mine online today as well. A bitter-sweet moment! The online system is fairly clever now, recognised me and offered me a property-owners discount, and re-charged my exisiting hands-free pass so no need to even visit a lift pass office when I get there at Christmas. Sweet!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:
I bought mine online today as well. A bitter-sweet moment! The online system is fairly clever now, recognised me and offered me a property-owners discount, and re-charged my exisiting hands-free pass so no need to even visit a lift pass office when I get there at Christmas. Sweet!

Stupidly though the Les Arcs website can't recognise a family combination for Paradski so I bought our passes through the La Plagne site (which does price for family) last week. Confused
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Finding the website difficult to work... I think my computer must be playing up.
Btw, you havee to enter the start date of the pass, but if your buying for the season, shouldn't it cover any time possible to ski in?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller, did you get owners discount?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy