Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

salamon mission rs 8 boots and Rossignol bandit skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,
Im off to ski for 2 months (yey!) in january and february and Ive just started gettin some equipment together. I want to know if anyone has an opinion on these boots (salamon mission rs Cool. They seem like the best ones available from nevisport and Im gettin boots as a christmas present so I can afford a little more.

I also bought some rossignol bandit B2 skis (£90 and a couple of years old) and was wondering about anyones view of these. I have someone who says they are willing to pay the same price to me for them so I dont know whether to sell them on and look for better skis.
Cheers!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gorillamanjac, Ski boots need to be fitted by an expert that can select the correct boot for you (this is dependent on a number of factors). This fitting shouldn't cost any extra but will guarantee you the correct pair of boots. Buying over the internet without consulting a proper bootfitter isn't recommended. This is particularly important as you are going for a relatively long trip. There is a debate currently ongoing about buying in the UK or in resort but the general agreement is to go to a well established bootfitter. Perhaps a new post asking for recommendations from people living in your area would be an idea, or for indeed for whichever resort you are heading to.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Im going to get them at fitted at nevisport where I live and I was just browsing the catalogue they gave me and thought Id ask the well informed snow heads what they thought.

So Iis it far more important to get a boot that fits better than a particular model that might have particular strengths? For exampl, If I go into a shop and find a really cheap boot that fits me really well, would it be better to get that than an expensive, better boot that might not fit me as well?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
gorillamanjac, Erm, pretty much but I can't give definitive answers without seeing your feet. I have no experience of the shop you mentioned but I couldn't recommend choosing your boots by browsing through a catalogue. Let's try and work out your best bet for a bootfitter; where is it you're going skiing and how far are you able to travel within the UK before you leave??
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gorillamanjac, when getting boots fitted best to go with an open mind and be honest with your bootfitter. Don't "pre-select" the boots you like because they might be inappropriate for your feet and/or skill level.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers for the help,

I live in York (infact I just started a thread askin about ski shops in york). I could easily get to exscape at castleford is thats better?
Im going to les arcs, and for 2 months so I dont wanna screw this up and up in les arcs with terrible equipment, thats why I really appreciate the critique (any thoughts about the rossi bandit b2 skis?).
I would rather go out having already bought boots, just out of sheer impatience of wanting to ski as soon as I arrive but also because I do not have very good french and I might find it difficult telling them stuff.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gorillamanjac, will you have transport when you're in Les Arcs? There's a bootfitter with a very good reputation in Tignes which is about an hour's drive from Les Arcs. If you can't find a good bootfitter in the UK you could wait until you get out to France.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I wont have a car but I could take a bus or a train. My boots are also going to be a christmas present so it would be better to get them before I leave (jan 03) but Its not essential. Id much rather get decent boots a little late than get rubbish ones in time for christmas.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gorillamanjac, it would be a pain to have to get to Tignes without a car, especially if you need to make two or three visits to tweak the boots after the initial fitting. Find a good bootfitter in the UK, or ask for recommendations for a good one in Les Arcs.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy