Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowzone @ MK - Best times to go

Poster: A snowHead
Hello

Never skied on artificial snow before and wanted to get some practise in before my holiday in Jan. Does anybody know what the quitest time is normally on a Saturday? I was thinking of going for about 15:00. Has anybody been recently?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would go first thing in the morning, not sure when it opens, it should say on the website.

I was there last Friday afternoon, and it was pleasantly quiet, but I expect the weekend is a lot busier. The snow was in good nick.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have been 1st thing of a morning and they've ended up opening late due to various "problems" rolling eyes . I am not sure there is a quiet time on a Saturday this time of year. Is there no chance you could do a midweek morning termtime? It is worth specifically checking if there are any "events" when you want to go as well.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It will be very crowded on a Saturday - you might only get 1/3 as many descents as on better time. You could go when it opens (9.30) but your best bet is to go very late -(after dinner - the later you go the emptier it will be). They close at 11,00pm
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I agree with snowball - if we go, we do saturday evening - for the last hour or so there are often just a few stragglers left on the slopes.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
o11y, best time on a Sat 0900-1100, or after 1900.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have never been to any of the fridges of an evening - are they all generally quieter later? I had visions of them being loud music and packed to the gunnels with those with more confidence than ability, with that confidence possibly being alcohol enhanced too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The music is, as far as I know, much the same any time. I've never seen someone who I thought was drunk - but I could have been lucky. I don't know about oop north, but late is quiet wherever I've been. Crowds of school kids are often the bigest problem during the day.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowball, thanks for that - worth knowing.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sunday nights in Castleford are usually fairly quiet. Saturdays are a nightmare.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thank you all for your replies. Think I will book for around 10:00 as I cannot do any other day.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
But get there 20 or 30 mins early to have time to get your ticket and change (and especially if you are hiring skis- more if hiring boots)
Ticket time starts when you get on the slope.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
o11y, tobogganing will close half of one slope before 1130
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh I hate that - in effect you lose a whole slope and as you use the remaining slope people shoot out unexpectedly from the half slope and get in your way. Is that every saturday?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Butterfly, I've been to Tamworth in the evening, and it tends to get quieter after 10pm, as the bar shuts at 10.30, so people want to get a drink in before they leave. It can be very busy and people can be over-confident, but the major issue at Tam is the learner boarders - there are lots of them all across the slope. These lessons tend to calm down later too. The 10-11pm slot is therefore quite quiet and those left tend to be the keen ones and therefore relatively good. Early afternoon tends to be quiet, but nothing is quiet around Christmas. Last Tuesday morning there were three instructors (one working, two playing on a day off) on the slope for the first hour! If you can get to a fridge during the week it will be quieter, particularly outside any times when they do special sessions.
snow report
snowball, at the moment, yes
snow report
slikedges wrote:
o11y, tobogganing will close half of one slope before 1130

thanks for that havent booked yet so may be i will not go on saturday then. May get up early on the sunday and get there for when it opens.
ski holidays
o11y, race team will be on till 1000 but even then shouldn't be too bad, tobogganing will start early pm
ski holidays
slikedges wrote:
o11y, race team will be on till 1000 but even then shouldn't be too bad, tobogganing will start early pm

Thanks.

Havent booked yet. But was thinking, do I relly need to pre-book? Going to take me around an hour and a half to get there and i am out for a few drinks tomorrow night so all depends on what time i get up
latest report
o11y, race team was referring to sun.

If you turn up to find you needed to have pre-booked it'll be so crowded you'd be better off going shopping instead anyway - though I dunno if there's a separate queue at front desk for people who've pre-booked.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy