Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'secure hotel car-park' between reims and lyon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok so I've read through the whole of the 'driving to the alps-stops en route thread' and still not got any firm ideas. Setting off sometime this week with the car loaded with kit for the season. Looking to stop en-route between probably reims and lyon so that I don't need to try driving up the hill in the dark.

Any recommendations on somewhere to stop where I'm not going to be worried about leaving kit in the car all night? Obvioulsy I'll take out laptop etc but will still have lots of kit there, and so the classic 'flophouse' just of the A43 is perhaps not quite what I'm lookig for this time around.

cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bertie bassett, Never sure about this lots of hotels offer secure parking but all that seems to mean is a low fence and an entrance barrier, having said that I have never seen evidence of car break ins, (glass on the tarmac etc) or heard of any. So why the need to advertise secure car parks! When we stop over night we always take the expensive stuff in with us and then make sure nothing can be seen through the windows. If the car is well laden as it will be for Christmas we leave earlier and drive down in one go to avoid the need to stop.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agree with Boredsurfing, the security fencing etc never feels that secure. I usually use the Hotel B&B at Troyes which has fences gates etc.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett, we stayed here last year and will be doing so again - has a fence around and a locked gate - all our stuff was in the card in the morning still, which is the only recommendation I can give.

http://www.charmilles-fr.com/htgb/0001.htm
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All places we have stayed have been safe,although on a couple of occasions we have been unable to park in the underground garage with our x-trail plus roof box.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Depending on your budget/party size, the Mercure at Dijon (Clemenceau) is well located. About 5 hours from Calais and I am usually on the slopes at Les Gets inside 3 hours. You can get a room that accomodates 4 for under €120 and the car park is underground behind a steel shutter.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andyph wrote:
Depending on your budget/party size, the Mercure at Dijon (Clemenceau) is well located. About 5 hours from Calais and I am usually on the slopes at Les Gets inside 3 hours. You can get a room that accomodates 4 for under €120 and the car park is underground behind a steel shutter.

Nice but 5 hours is just really 'warming up' for me. I'd definitely want to get at least a couple of hours further en-router. I might just do it in one however...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
D'accord, bertie bassett, but it depends on how far from the tunnel your journey started, viz. how far 'er indoors will tolerate staring at le tarmac. Actually, I find tha main factor is what time of day you're driving, as I find daytime a doddle but stupidly early/late starts and the fatigue kicks in.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Macon may be a good place then. There are plenty of the secure chain economy hotels there.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bertie:

I wouldn't bother stopping. Me and the wife regularly do Calais - Sainte Foy non-stop. We do have 2 drivers though.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy