Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Boots. Spawned from the heart of the Devil!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Alright everyone.
A couple of weeks ago i posted about having problems with my new custom fit ski boots, well the problem is getting progressively worse.
Yesterday after a session @ our local snow dome, i have now, a permanant indent on my right shin where the bugs have branded me for life!
All was going so well in the begining with my shiney new boots but now i loath putting them on.
The main problem is with the right boot. I think the custom foot-bed is too big for the liner of this particular boot.
Yesterday the boot fitter took a look @ my feet,liner & boot & shaved a bit off the bottom of the foot-bed.
I really don't want to stretch the boot if possible, that will be my last resort.
When i take the foot-bed out there is plenty of room in the toe box of the liner.
Next week i might put the foot-beds that came with the boot in & try that.
With the custom foot-bed in, it feels like my toes are squashed together but only in the right boot.
So to compensate i tweaked the settings on my boot clips & now have a big indent on my shin ffs.
Beginers mistake.
If there is anyone out there on snowheads who can help me then that would be sweet.
I have custom foot-beds in my snowboard boot, trainers & football boots & have never had this problem.
Is anyone interested in inventing a ski boot as comfortable as a snowboard boot?
Thanks very much snowheads.
kev (in pain).
Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
difficult to say without seeing the boot BUT, how is the fit of the footbed in the liner..... if it is too long for the liner it will stretch the liner in length which will pull it in a little in height and width causing the compression

stretching aboot is not a bad thing so long as it is equired, but the first ting to check is that the footbed fits neatly inot the liner with causing the distortion
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i have the offender to hand now.
personally i feel that the mould of my instep is too high and pushing my foot to an unatural position.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the liner is a custom fit pro for salamon mission 10 boots.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i have just felt the liner when the foot-bed is in place & if feels snug.
i have also trimmed the length abit @ the front.
i'll post back with my findings.
thanks CEM.
Kev.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If the foot bed is too long, it stretches the liner and reduces the hight of the toe box and can give this feeling. Take out the 2 footbeds and see if they're the right length, against each other.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kev360 wrote:
i have the offender to hand now.
personally i feel that the mould of my instep is too high and pushing my foot to an unatural position.

that is equally possible, if they were moulded using windlass [ standing with toes raised up] then there is a chance the arch height has been over cooked a bit. all difficult to tell over tinternet
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy