Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski length again!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
sorry for yet another ski length question, I'm sure this has been asked many many times before.

I'm thinking of buying some Head iXRC 1100 skis. I ski mostly on piste and can do reds pretty easily, I can get down blacks but without much style….

Weight is 90kg and height 180cm.

The question is 170 or 177? My current skis are Salomon Scrambler 8 @ 175cm.

As I ski mainly on piste I thought I’d go for more of a piste ski.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mcboz wrote:

'You should cut down on your porklife mate... get some Exercise!!!' Smile

170cm. I'm 6'2", 15st o0n 175's.

Why are you binning the Scrambler 8's for Head Cases?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mollerski wrote:
mcboz wrote:

You should stop being such a girl and ski on some real skis. 6'2" and 170cm skis?

mcboz might be larger framed but at least he's not a gay...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
parlor wrote:
Mollerski wrote:
mcboz wrote:

You should stop being such a girl and ski on some real skis. 6'2" and 170cm skis?

mcboz might be larger framed but at least he's not a gay...

175 actually. When your next at weightwatchers, do yourself a favour and check-out the class for the numerically dyslexic. rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mollerski, the word you are looking for is discalculate.

And FWIW, see where you wrote a random 170cm at the start of your sentence - nice sentence structure BTW - did lead to confusion. Maybe it's because I'm tired after a long day at work, then skiing for a couple of hours or because of a strong rum and coke after a nice hot tub surrounded by mountains and 1.5m of fresh snow. It does strange things to one's brain.

And, for the record, at 6'1" I weigh as measly 70kgs. So no weight watchers for me. I can put on weight if I wanted. Have you tried snowblades??? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
parlor wrote:
Mollerski,

And, for the record, at 6'1" I weigh as measly 70kgs. So no weight watchers for me.........:

Shocked Be careful if the wind picks up when you get out of that tub. Have you tried Complan? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
parlor, Thanks for the defence of the fatness. To be fair I think Mollerski was saying 170 as the ones a should get, not what he uses. Very jealous of your 1.5m of fresh snow.

Mollerski, Gym or run every night till get on the slopes for me (New Year and end of Jan), so could possibly weigh 80kg by the time I go, hmmmm?!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mollerski, you haven't skied much have you? We don't have much wind up here...

mcboz, shut it fatty. I just don't like to hear any talk of short skis. Get some 185s you wuss... Wink Actually a nice big stable ski like that might be just the kind of work out you are looking for. Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mcboz wrote:
parlor

Mollerski, Gym or run every night till get on the slopes for me (New Year and end of Jan), so could possibly weigh 80kg by the time I go, hmmmm?!!

Good man. Madeye-Smiley Personally, I'd ditch the road running for additional CV work in the gym. 20mins on the bike, adding load as and when you feel able, will build stamina and improve you're lactic acid tolerance, Aswell as, act as a good warm-up prior to getting on the resistance machines or weights.

I wonder whether Skeletor has dissolved in the tub yet? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mollerski, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy