Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

dare2b ski jackets

Poster: A snowHead
Lizzard wrote:
red 27, certainly the most snow, at any rate. I'm told the avalanche risk is off the scale though.

Such heavy falls without volume of skier traffic to consolidate early season sounds like a potent recipe. Is anything ripping out to ground/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
red 27 wrote:
[. Anyway, that ski jacket and 'pants' both look pretty techy-high-end to me, Razz

...............and Dragon goggles. Tart. rolling eyes wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mollerski, you're the sad git who went looking for the label. They are, in fact, comfortable goggles which fit both my face and my helmet.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard wrote:
They are, in fact, comfortable goggles which fit both my face and my helmet.

Yeah? No sh*t!! You tend to find that with decent gear. Dopey Bint. rolling eyes
I prefer stuff that's uncomfortable and a shite fit as long as lt cost me loads and has a fancy pants label. Twisted Evil
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

You tend to find that with decent gear.

The Canvas Holidays uniform fleece, on the other hand, cost me zip and is at least as good as similar so-called 'technical mid-layer' garments at £80 a throw.

Call me 'dopey bint' again, you sad brainless sucker, and I shall be round your house with a blunt Stanley knife to perform amateur surgery on your genitalia. Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mollerski, Lizzard, get a room Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
red 27, I'd prefer an iron maiden.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard, I'm an AC/DC man myself - have we drifted OT?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This has to be a candidate for thread of the year, especially with Hurtle's beard suffering the same fate as the King of Spain's. But Hurtle, shouldn't that be "singeing"? wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
red 27, oh probably. Is there such a thing as a best of AD/DC compilation? Bùggered if I'm buying all of it, and nor am I inclined to trawl through my brother's vinyl collection for the best bits.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard, at the risk of being hoisted on my own petard for posting an unattributed and unexplianed u-bend link, this is all you really need to know.... Things went down hill when the Great Man passed over and they got that tyke geezer on the mike IM(H)O

Back On Topic, did someone on this thread mention C(havvy)+A(wful)'s old "Rodeo" brand? Did you know that they also did a brand of clothing aimed at bare-back cowboys in Texas called 'Ski' - staggering to think such an innovative busniess could go bust really....

http://uk.youtube.com/v/5tjcU1Pqo-w
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w,
Quote:

shouldn't that be "singeing"?

Absolutely. Apologies for the error, I was all at sixes and sevens after said incident (which was really a bit frightening.)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hurtle, perhaps try tweezers next time?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy, this was not some bizarre beauty treatment, you know, I bloody nearly set myself on fire! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle, classic Joan of Arc complex... rolling eyes get over yourself!
latest report
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

You tend to find that with decent gear.

The Canvas Holidays uniform fleece, on the other hand, cost me zip and is at least as good as similar so-called 'technical mid-layer' garments at £80 a throw.

Call me 'dopey bint' again, you sad brainless sucker, and I shall be round your house with a blunt Stanley knife to perform amateur surgery on your genitalia. Laughing

At least you'll be using a branded knife. No doubt you'll then fashion my cobblers into some buckshees item of skiwear. Shocked
latest report
SEVEN pages on Dare 2 B? Puzzled They couldn't BUY that kind of publicity Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

fashion my cobblers into some buckshees item of skiwear.

earmuffs, possibly, they seem to be all the rage this year?

Hurtle. Have you put yourself out now? Whatever were you up to? Was your spelling ability the only casualty? Impressed you turned to Snowheads so soon after setting yourself alight.
snow report
pam w, bit of a long story. Hob no longer lights itself ('the part has been discontinued, madam') so I light it with one of those wand lighter thingies. Filled same, using a lighter fuel canister, tested it - woomph, huge sheet of flame, because I'd overfilled it. Really, really frightening, it was the melted fleece that particularly made my realise how catastrophic it could have been. Pretty idiotic thing to do, for sure, and my hairdresser is going to have an absolute fit next time he sees me! Ah well, it all ended OK anyway, the flame extinguished itself quickly and I didn't even have to use the fire blanket. I was lucky. I had a few glasses of vino before turning to snowHeads. Laughing

red 27, thanks for your concern. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Hurtle, Shocked Mine doesn't light either, but I use a box of Swan Vestas.

Hope the vino did the trick and that those fetching bobbles on the end of your eyelashes don't last too long.
snow report
pam w,
Quote:

but I use a box of Swan Vestas

From now on - so do I!
Quote:

those fetching bobbles on the end of your eyelashes

Oh so true! Shocked

Thanks for your good wishes.
snow conditions
Ooh that does sound nasty Hurtle Sad Sounds like you had a lucky escape.
ski holidays
This thread reminds me of the happy day when I was lucky enough to witness a "punter" kitting himself out head to toe with Spyder gear. If they'd done underwear he'd have bought it. He wasn't amused when that branch of S&R wouldn't give him a discount though.

I may be being unfair but from the arrogant attitude and dumb questions being asked I doubt it. Suspect the shop manager smiled when banking the cash.

Sadly I wasn't lucky enough to be in the right place to see him topple into ski school wink
ski holidays
Looking at Dare2b myself. Need a new jacket and would like a softshell, but there is something about it that makes you think they are not right for skiing (although I know they are) However, looking at this one as it is really cheap, but due to the cheapness, was worried that it really wasn't for the snow. Can't find much on the material and no reviews. Anyone got any idea whether this would be ok as a ski jacket. I'm an intermediate skier, no off piste, and no real strenuous skiing, and as we will be skiing with the kids, there will be a lot of standing around, so need something to keep me warm as may not be doing enough exercise to heat me up. Happy to spend some more money, just haven't seen anything I really like yet, so don't want to buy and spend a lot for the sake of it, when I don't really like the jacket, hence why considering this one for now. Although, still to have a proper look around the shops.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/dare2b-pile-up-softshell-womens-p186978
snow report
rolling eyes
ski holidays
Haha read the 1st page of this thread and didn't see date (advert covers it)!

Anyway, my question still stands!
snow report
Gilly28, I just bought a similar jacket from Go Outdoors but its HiGear not Dare 2b. It was a similar price to the one you're looking at (£39 with Go discount). It is warm as warm can be and very comfortable. Its not waterproof but is showerproof and that can always be improved by washing in Nikwax. I will definitely be using my jacket in La Plagne in January. So I reckon go get it.
snow report
Mollerski wrote:
Why not buy a used decent breathable branded jacket on Ebay rather than new cheapy chearful?

Because it might be fake? Or else there's a reason the person is getting rid... maybe it's no longer waterproof.

OP, if you're not a fashion victim, then it's fine. So long as it's breathable fabric.

Mollerski wrote:
My point was...........that there isn't much to be saved by wearing D2b.

Maybe about £570 (comparing a £600 Spyder jacket with a £30 D2B).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well it's about time for my confession - Ladies be warned!

My wife bought a dare 2 B jacket about five years ago now and I have to say it has been great, warm holds up well to most of the elements, I think has only been soaked through once in truely abismal conditions when we shouldn't have been out. However..............

Last time in resort and the cataylst for buying a new jacket is when having spied her at the chair queue I shouted, waved and then went whizzing off to meet her. Much to the delight of the lads I was skiing with it wasn't her and was when i got much closer in fact some german guy! Never had this problem in previous years but dare 2 b did a similar range for men. Needless to say I was rather red faced. Not only from the incident but then later on try explaining to your wife that you mistook a man for her! I was not in the good books.

That should be more then enough reason for the ladies at least to think twice
snow conditions
i have a dare2b jacket, its not been tested in the real world yet but seems good so far (15 hours at xscape so far). Its probably been said in this thread already but dare2b are a brand of regatta, i've used regatta clothes for camping trips for over 15 years and never had a problem.

Having said that it was £160 rrp and with a little sales hunting i got it for £50! if it is turns out to be rubbish its not a great deal to lose out on Smile I tell you what i have noticed though, A LOT of ski wear is massivly over priced for what it is.
ski holidays
Hey,
I have the 'dare2be' ski trousers and they seem fine to me, strong material, warm and look fine. I think im getting the jacket too. Its good value for money and doesnt look that bad so why not? =D =P
ski holidays
Got a dare2b ski jacket today and just a word of caution re sizing.. I got it in size small but it is more like a size large! It's absolutely huge.
snow conditions
James the Last wrote:

Maybe about £570 (comparing a £600 Spyder jacket with a £30 D2B).

My wife picked up a Merrell Goretex Proshell jacket for less than £100 at TKMax. So an "over-spend" of around £70. Which do you think is the better value?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy