Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

dare2b ski jackets

Poster: A snowHead
Arno, Yo shut yo mouth yo don't have hlf the skillz of omg & steeza. they could totally pwn you in da park n stuff. you must be a pdofile for even looking at them.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's not a tall t, it's a mini-dress. Hitting it up Cage Au Folles style.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno, I'm doing the season at Les Arc this year and have bought all new 2009 gear for this season. Having to agree I haven't even looked at how to wash this stuff let alone all the other cr@p you guys are on about. Unfortunately for you all, rather than being anal about this I bought it purely for the reason it looks much cooler than dare2be and other cheapskate TKMax rubbish. Look forward to being abused (each to their own) wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mollerski wrote:
We get loads of it down here with 'wannabe' surfers. The cooler guys wear battered quality brands rather than cheap brands. The 'emmits' (holidaymakers) turn up with £100's worth of shiney new gear and never catch a wave.

Well said from the ivory towers of Tremough! Mine's a pint of Spingo. How's Rob from the Seven Stars getting on? wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
saxabar wrote:
Mollerski wrote:
We get loads of it down here with 'wannabe' surfers. The cooler guys wear battered quality brands rather than cheap brands. The 'emmits' (holidaymakers) turn up with £100's worth of shiney new gear and never catch a wave.

Well said from the ivory towers of Tremough! Mine's a pint of Spingo. How's Rob from the Seven Stars getting on? wink

Livin' in the leafy suburbs of Mawnan these days. wink Train at Tremuff gym. Had a Spingo last week, the 1st in over 10yrs. Seven Stars??? 'Ryn has a winebar now. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
brucey wrote:
... I haven't even looked at how to wash this stuff let alone all the other cr@p you guys are on about.

only punters wash their kit
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
[quote="brucey"]Arno, I'm doing the season at Les Arc this year and have bought all new 2009 gear for this season............. quote]

Go on........... so what'ya bought? wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Burton pinstripe jacket, Burton white cargo pants, and of course a brand new beanie lol
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brucey wrote:
Burton pinstripe jacket, Burton white cargo pants, and of course a brand new beanie lol

Did you check out 686? It's not stocked so much in the UK, the quality is amazing.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob wrote:
Arno, Yo shut yo mouth yo don't have hlf the skillz of omg & steeza. they could totally pwn you in da park n stuff. you must be a pdofile for even looking at them.

Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mollerski wrote:
'Ryn has a winebar now. Madeye-Smiley

I was down a few months ago - very very very weird! Shame about the redesign of the Quayside too Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mollerski, just checked out the website stuff looks cool. If i had seen that stuff would definatly of wanted some of that. You got any?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
brucey wrote:
Mollerski, just checked out the website stuff looks cool. If i had seen that stuff would definatly of wanted some of that. You got any?

Yeah, my youngest has pants and I've just bought a pair of Smarty pants. The 'zip out' 'lounging pants' are unreal. It's the best made stuff i've seen
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mollerski, Do your kids board by any chance? Think I know what stuff I'm gettin next.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
One boards, two on twin tips and one on blades soon to be short skis. They all wear board gear. I have a great pic, but can't upload onto this site. The little one is 12, she's on K2 Missy's. The other skier, Volkl Dogens.
snow conditions
Awesome mate sounds like you must have your hands full lol. Where you heading this year?
ski holidays
saxabar wrote:
Mollerski wrote:
'Ryn has a winebar now. Madeye-Smiley

I was down a few months ago - very very very weird! Shame about the redesign of the Quayside too Sad

Yeah, Jubilee Wharf. Not sure how well that's doing. Confused
ski holidays
brucey, Mollerski, get a room... rolling eyes
snow report
People who wear dare2be jackets should be shot, along with people who only wear designer gear, and people who can't carry their skis properly, and fat people who snowboard, and people who ask "are these the right boots for me", and people who describe themselves as intermediate.

In fact when i'm in charge, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 10-12-08 12:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Sorry I'm new here and just want to fit in......
snow conditions
You're doing a good job thus far, but the real shibboleth is: What's the best resort in Europe?
snow report
Easy: Whistler.

Ask me another....
ski holidays
danjunk, Laughing welcome to Snowheads.
ski holidays
danjunk, I'm 5'1" tall, 120 kg and level 4.73 on the S&R scale. What length skis do I need?
latest report
umm - Nordica Dobermann Aggressors?
latest report
uktrailmonster wrote:
danjunk, I'm 5'1" tall, 120 kg and level 4.73 on the S&R scale. What length skis do I need?

Doesn't really matter, your bum is gonna look fat whatever length you go for. Black makes people look slimmer, do Dare2Be offer a black jacket?
latest report
Quote:

danjunk, I'm 5'1" tall, 120 kg

Shocked Seek advice from a doctor immediately....
latest report
[quote=]danjunk, I'm 5'1" tall, 120 kg and level 4.73 on the S&R scale. What length skis do I need?[/quote]

Perhaps width maybe the larger dimension, strapping the skis to your @rse may prove more effective and put a 90 degree bend in your poles. wink

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 10-12-08 13:30; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
danjunk, Laughing Laughing you're fitting in just fine. And welcome to snowHeads snowHead
latest report
Thanks for the welcomes! Very friendly!

Reminds me of my first AA meeting.
ski holidays
danjunk, ho ho, nice first posts! Welcome!
snow report
does anyone know if the descente ski jackets are good quality, ive seen a couple of cool ones but they are ££££! just wondering if the quality justifies the price tag or would i be better going for the B2B stuff... i saw some in TK MAXX and to be honest it looked pretty guff in my opinion.
snow conditions
Yep, Descente stuff is good quality. The DNA range is their boarding range. I've had a pair of DNA salos for the past 3 seasons, I've replaced them with 686.
snow report
Mollerski, thank you!
snow conditions
gdizzle, I was 'just passing' TKMax the other night and 'popped in'. Although a D2B wearer myself (and proud...wait for it... ) the D2B stuff they had left was, in no uncertain terms - cr@p. I wouldn't touch it. Especially their ISOTEX 0.5 range - well that's how the 3000 looked and felt, IMHO. It would seem the current D2B's are now a long way off the 8000mm breathable I bought nearly three years ago.
snow report
What a fascinating thread! I bought a dare2be jacket last year and it was fine for a couple of weeks skiing - the skiing was great in fact and I really enjoyed the skiing. A couple of years before that I had a very nice Burton jacket, and the years prior to that I had a couple of jackets from Debenhams "Maine" brand. Quite frankly whichever jacket I was wearing didn't make a whole lot of difference to the beauty of the mountains, the challenge of the slopes or in anyway otherwise have any negative effect on my skiing holiday - fortunately no-one was rude enough to make any comment to me personally because of my jacket choice (style, colour, material etc), and to be honest when I'm skiing I don't spend my time thinking what people think about my attire - life is too short. On the other hand, I really would love to splash £600 or more on what are without doubt nice looking, stylish, well made ski jackets using the latest technology - I have no doubt you get what you pay for, and my dare2be jacket is nothing more than cheap and cheerful. So, on balance, I'd rather contribute the money to getting on the slopes and put up with wearing my dare2be jacket for another season. It keeps me warm dry and comfortable.

sar_m, wear what the **** you want! Toofy Grin
snow report
There are a lot jackets between D2b and £600.
snow report
Mollerski, DNA is cool as and expensive.. just the way I like it. Who cares about whether or not it does the job, it's steezy Toofy Grin
snow conditions
AdrianV, If you look about, I think, perhaps, you may find more 'fascinating threads' than this! Smile On the other hand you're a fellow D2B wearer - we should form a ... forget it... we'd all be shot on sight.
snow conditions
A d2b coalition? Would Trespass wearers be allowed to join or would they be splitters?

How about old skool Campri and Rodeo wearers?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy