Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travelling from Geneva Airport to Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

my friends and I (4 people in total) bought some cheap flights to Geneva, and have rented an appartment in Val Thorens.

But, when I take a look at the bus transfers they are all approx. 100 euros per person - which is very expensive.

Then I took a look at the private car companies, and they cost approx. 500 euros in total.

I'm currently looking into train options, which looks like train from Geneva (it doesn't say if its the airport or city centre), then going to moutier, and then a bus or something for the rest of the way.

Does anyone one of a cheap way to go from Geneva to Val Thorens, or have any experiences with going by train??

Appreciate all the info I can get !!

Thanks a million in advance !!!

Pat.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
patricksorrentino, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I haven't done the journey that you mention, but when I did Geneva/Courchevel then the normal bus service was the cheapest. Regarding the train, Geneva airport has a station in it that links easily to the town station...so which ever one it is, the geneva end should be starighforward!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I did this at the very end of last season. There were just 2 of us though, and we hired a car and drove up. I think it cost us about €150 in total for the car for 5 days (a Ford Focus.)

To fit 4 of you in, with luggage, for 1 week, I would estimate it would cost you about €300 all in, possibly with a couple of named drivers.

The drive is fab, just skim round the lake in Geneva, blast over to Albertville, then whoosh up the mountain like Tommi Makkinen!

Benjj

edited as got your numbers wrong!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 6-01-05 10:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Pat, and a very warm welcome to snowHeads!

This problem comes up quite regularly on this forum. Trains from Geneva into that valley are, unfortunately, complicated.

This previous snowHeads thread will give you some information. Scroll down to Brian's suggestions, and others.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
like benjj (and Brian in the other thread) I'd also recommend hiring a car at Geneva and driving to Val T, the other ways are complicated and expensive.

the other cost you need to factor is car parking in VT. Some apartment blocks have covered parking you can book in advance - I was in Temples Du Soleil (P&V) last year and paid about €60 a week to park. The public car parks cost about the same www.valthoparc.com
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
patrick, you could approach one of the TO reps in Geneva for space on a charter bus, they're usually responsive to the idea of earning a few quid. The train is cheap but the journey can be complicated and will take about 5 hrs.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi,

Have you checked out a-t-s.net. I manged to get a shared transfer from Geneva to Bourg for £50 with them. Cheapest i could find so might be worth a look. Cheers
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi mate, did exacly the same as you. what airline are you flying with? We r going with easy jet who we discovered did a kinda connected to easy jet but I think you can book seperatly. Its with a company called ATS
www.a-t-s.net/services.php , cost 70 euro's each but I think this includes the return, well at least I hope it does. Wen u out in Thorens? We's there from this sat till end of season,. U boarders?
Hope that helped.
Safeladz
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi mate, did exacly the same as you. what airline are you flying with? We r going with easy jet who we discovered did a kinda connected to easy jet but I think you can book seperatly. Its with a company called ATS
www.a-t-s.net/services.php , cost 70 euro's each but I think this includes the return, well at least I hope it does. Wen u out in Thorens? We's there from this sat till end of season,. U boarders?
Hope that helped.
Safeladz
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
opps Shocked
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi all,

thanks for your input !!

a-t-s looks like the cheapest way, but I ended up renting a car which resulted in more or less the same amount: 240 euros (Renault Megane through AVIS) this is on all-year tires and includes snow-chains.

Then comes an additional 60 euros for mandatory parking + expenses for fuel.

I estimate a grand total of 350 euros. which is just slightly above the 200£ that a-t-s costs.

On the + side: we control the car, whena and where to go, etc.

On the % side:we don't know the roads to well, we need to use some time when delivering the car, potential hassle when dropping of the car at the car park, driving round the city, etc.

Will let you know how it goes!!

Regards and thanks again,
Pat.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pat, you won't have aproblem dropping the car off at Geneva, all the hire comapnys are located
in the main underground car park alongside the terminal. Same applies when exiting the airport, very easy and very well signposted the Autoroute entrance is only about 1Km from the airport, just follow the signs for France.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy