Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Olympic downhiller Konrad Bartelski attacks piste grooming in Kitzbuhel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar, does that fish taste nice? wink

scotabroad, has a point. In the US and Canada you often get grooming variations. Greens and some blues groomed every day, some blues one day, but not the next or left for a few days - or to build bumps, some blacks done with a winch-cat - but most left - plus lots of skiable, patrolled but ungroomed bits in between. So everyone gets a little bit less macho about on/off piste.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stoatsbrother wrote:
rob@rar, does that fish taste nice? wink
Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
barry wrote:
easiski,

not meant as a joke - just simply disagreeing with the common assertion the he is the best ever

Have you ever seen anybody on here make this "common assertion". I haven't.

I don't think I've ever seen it anywhere else either for that matter. So it can't be that common rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
alex_heney, No-one ever said he was the best ever, but he did have the best ever british result since the war.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski wrote:
alex_heney, No-one ever said he was the best ever,

I know, that was rather my point. Barry seems to think it is a common assertion.

Quote:

but he did have the best ever british result since the war.

True, but he didn't have as many to 20 finishes as Alain Baxter or Chemmy Alcott.

I wouldn't like to argue who was "better", because there are too many ways of measuring it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alex_heney wrote:
I wouldn't like to argue who was "better", because there are too many ways of measuring it.

Over a second quicker than Franz Klammer in that Val Gardena race, and also ahead of the reigning Olympic champion.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow, it's getting good again in here! My first visit in a year...........
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chrisdavis wrote:
alex_heney wrote:

Over a second quicker than Franz Klammer in that Val Gardena race, and also ahead of the reigning Olympic champion.

for one race!! Baxter is miles ahead in terms of consistency and number of top class finishes at the highest level
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Plus Alain Baxter is loads fitter. Swoon...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh dear God!!

There's no doubting Baxter's pedigree. Having seen him on Superstars over recent years, I'm fairly sure he could be successful in any sport he took even semi-seriously.

barry, I did say 'in that race'. Not a bad scalp though wink

queen bodecia, Mrs Chrisdavis is getting the Alain Baxter calendar for christmas - don't remind me Confused
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
queen bodecia, I agree, he's seriously 'fit', unfortunately I still see him in my mind as a 12 year old boy!! Shocked Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Skiing is not an activity for the proletariat,

m working class - proud of it - and I enjoy my skiing - on the well goomed pistes. NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy