Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SnowBrainer

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone, first post.

I was looking around for the cheapest Ski and Boot rental for Austria, and came across a company called Snow Brainer, a UK base outfit that seem to have the best prices for rental in Ausrtia. Has anyone used them before ? just thought it was worth asking the question
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Bluenose, you're making my spam nose twitch but welcome to snowHead s anyway.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I hope I haven't broken any rules with my question, its a genuine question, I was just seeing if they were ok to use

Please advise if you think the question is inapropriate
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bluenose, welcome to snowHeads but why would you hire skis in the UK and then face having to pay air carriage on them to lug them over to Austria? Why not just hire in resort?

brian, I'm with you on that one....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Welcome to snowHeads Bluenose. A reasonable question. We're off to Mayrhofen in January and the most "reasonable" place I've managed to find is Manni Sports (3 shops) which didn't seem that reasonable to be honest - even pre-booking. So if anyone can point to a better alternative all the better IMO.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah - against my better judgement I've looked on the website and seen that you pick them up in resort....
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmmm, the Snowbrainer site links with Manni Sport evidently - 78GBP for pre-booked Gold Standard skis for a week which represents a 21% discount. Doesn't seem that great, or is it just me?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bluenose, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

No problem with the question - people here sometimes just get a little suspicious if someone names companies on their 1st post. We occasionally get posters who try and push their own products in the form of a question.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've used him twice before for trips to France, a guy called Alex. The percentage discount depends on the resort shop and sometimes how far in advance you book.

The service has been good, the resort shop staff just treated me like a queueing punter and had a printed note of my online booking. The discounts were as good or better than Skiset, Snowrental, etc. but the process is identical.

My main issue with prebooking is that the shops tend to be fairly firm about which ski they want you to have. Understandably, they will tend to treat the full paying walk-in customers a little better (e.g. tried to go back midweek for something longer - nothing decent available).

When selecting your shop, consider choosing a resort centre one with loads of choice, rather than the ones in the satellite apartment blocks, which tend only to retain what they need for expected rentals.

For VIP treatment, you will generally need to sacrifice your prebooking discount but can then shop around on arrival in the resort.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bluenose, I used them last year on one of my trips and they were fine. Just watch out for the thought police around here and you'll be fine!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chasseur,

Any discount is good when we have such a weak currency. I got €300 today and they cost me £271. Everything in the ski resorts is going to be a lot more expensive this year compared to last year.

A lot of "budget" airlines are charging crazy prices to carry your own skis nowadays. Luckily BA don't have stupid luggage allowance limits.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
welshflyer, sure. However I am struggling to find alternatives to Manni Sport. Maybe someone in the know may be aware of less well advertised ski hire companies that offer better value for money. Personally, for example, if paying c75GBP for a weeks hire of Gold standard skis on a walk-in basis is achievable, then I'd prefer that.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bluenose, some friends used snowbrainer last season in France and found them fine. I didn't use them as they were more expensive than www.snowrental.net (but again that was France).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ray Zorro, Are you hiring in April, if you are I'll have a word......... Toofy Grin
I'm sure I saw some really old stuff hidden away in the back of the shop, I'm sure they could dust it off for you! wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I used them last season in France and they were fine, really good email communication and they made sure the shop had the particular skis I had requested booked for me.

However for my next trip in Austria they're not coming out the cheapest, so I have booked with skiset - who use the same ski shop so shouldn't be much difference in the end result, just a few quid cheaper. Skiset do the 7th day free which I'm hoping to take advantage of on this trip.
ski holidays
By way of info, just had a recommendation from Trip Advisor for ski hire in Mayrhofen Rentski. Prices seem pretty good. Are there any Mayrhofen officienados out there who have any experience?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy