Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler? Not looking to good?

Poster: A snowHead
fleetelise, if the weather is good wonder round stantley park and they also do a bus tour round the area that is quite worthwhile out to Grouse mountain etc
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Another update from Whistler.

Some more snow over the weekend brought some nice powder to Blackcomb and 7th Heaven on Saturday, but also low clouds, meaning that dodging between the layers was a continual necessity.

Sunday sunshine brought the crowds out in force, with longish lines at the Harmony chair, but some good lines to be found (although not by Mrs. A who brought off a spectacular face-plant under the horseshoes, and spent 20 minutes looking for a buried ski).

This week I'm doing the Dave Murray Camp, and had the somewhat nerve-wracking experience of having my run down the GS gates watched by the entire Austrian downhill ski team, who are here preparing for the Olympics. - I looked up in the lift line to see Michael Walchofer standing next to me. He's a big guy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds like you've been having some great snow over there Acacia. Only 4 more sleeps until we fly over. Who was your Murray Camp coach this week? Was it a busy camp?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
All looking good for whistler. Heading off for 12 days on Saturday. Cant wait.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
geetee,

This week's camp isn't a very large one - only 4 groups, coached by Kindree, Ken, Kim and Leslie. I'm in Kim's group. Quite a few serial campers on board this week.

We had about 5-8cm of snow overnight, and clear skies and sunshine today, so some very satisfactory skiing off the Peak chair. Tomorrow is race day - although this might depend on exactly when the 10-15 cm of forecast fresh snow arrives (drool.....).

The Austrians are still here - there was some discussion in the GLC this evening as to whether we might be able to persuade Walchofer to acts as the timesetter for the race. wink. Also practising for the Olympics is Axel Lund Svindal, and apparently the Swiss team arrive later this week.

Conditions are generally very good, with slush only at the bottom of the hill.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Acacia, thanks for the update. Sounds great for the time of year if you can still ski out at the end of the day. Hope race day goes well today. Very Happy 3 more sleeps to go.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
geetee, Drluvski,

The race went moderately well. I didn't disgrace myself and finished comfortably in the top half of the table. Next week's Murray Camp is the last of the season, so enrol and make the most of it!

The promised 10-15cm arrived as forecast, providing some excellent powder skiing off Whistler Peak, and although the visibility was marginal at the top, there was enough to get to the best bits (whilst deterring all but the most ardent of powder piggies). So, some great lines in West Bowl, and today (Thursday) the sun came out all morning providing ideal conditions.

It is warming up, though. The forecast for Saturday and Sunday is for sunshine with the freezing levels to rise above 1000 metres. It's anticipated that temperatures could be around the 12 degree mark, next week.

The rise in temperature is already evident, with the mid-mountain snow being sticky, while the ski-out becomes extremely sludgy: great care had to be taken down the last pitch this afternoon, as the skis kept hitting glue-like patches and trying to come to a sudden stop. However, I'd expect the high alpine to remain in great shape.

I'll be gone by the time you arrive, with nothing to look forward to but 350 sleeps Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i like the big pubble that forms at the bottom of whistler in front of that 'oirish' theme pub.. most people skirted round the edge of it.. one boarder aquaplaned across it fine style.. one other boarder wasnt quite carrying enough speed with amusing consequences
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Acacia well done on the race - did you beat Detlef? Very Happy We've booked up and will be returning to camp on Monday morning. I'm hoping that it will be a good sized camp as it's the last one of the season. The only dilemma is which coach to ski with!!!

It does look like it's going to get warmer over the weekend and then a bit colder into next week but not cold enough to stop it raining in the village. It will be what it will be and we'll have a great time whatever.

We're not going to Whistler next season so it will be more like 730 sleeps for us by the time we get home Sad However, don't feel sad for us as we've got 2 weeks at New Year and next Feb half term already booked for Morzine. Still, I'm going to miss Whistler and it will be the first season we've missed since 2000.

By the way, if you're a regular camper then it sounds like you need to join the repeat offenders club

http://www.fcentre.plus.com/murraycamp/

Have a safe trip home.

(1 sleep to go and all packed now)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
geetee,

I beat Detlef by 1 second Very Happy and I'm familiar with Steve's website Twisted Evil

Our last day was a corker. Sunshine and powder and some cracking lines in Harmony bowl. I think that we only had (light) rain in the village on one day. The rest of the time it was either snow to the base or sunshine. Who says that it always rains in Whistler??
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spectacular skiing the last few days, yesterday, Sat 3rd April, we skied fresh powder all the way from Peak to Dusty's , via Frontier Pass, Cockalorum, West Bowl, then through the trees, skiers left of Big Timber..

It's the last Dave Murray Camp of the year next week 6th to 8th... Have fun! Razz
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Acacia wrote:

I beat Detlef by 1 second Very Happy

Well done! (Was he around his usual 46 seconds or a bit faster?) And glad you had a great last day. It's not me who says that it always rains in Whistler but I can think of a few who do.

We're here now and just had dinner and put little geetee to bed. I've been up for 23 hours and it feels like it. Trying to stay awake now to avoid being up at 4am.

colinmcc wrote:
It's the last Dave Murray Camp of the year next week 6th to 8th... Have fun!

We will Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I love Cockalorum, and it's possibly Mrs NBT's favourite black in the world Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
geetee,

About 43 seconds. Either he's getting better or the course was shorter. The fastest time was about 34 seconds Shocked

nbt,

Cockalorum was in fantastic shape last week.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
geetee,

Frankie, my partner is doing DM this week, she is with John Kindree's group... Say hi to her (your coach will know her, she is another DM regular) and then I can say hi to you tomorrow, at the end of season knees/booze up at the Brewhouse when I come in to see Tom Pro & co and pick Frankie up..
snow report
Well that's it for this year. We had a fantastic time in Whistler and even managed to get fresh powder - just a shame that my legs just weren't up to all of it this year to appreciate it!!! Anyway, we're at the airport now killing time before our flight. Not looking forward to the next 11 hours or so.
snow conditions
geetee,

Good to meet you! We'll make some turns for you next week.. Very Happy Smile Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Thanks Colin! Very Happy Good to meet you too and see Frankie again. Unfortunately we didn't have such a good journey home this time. Our plane had a broken engine and so 2.5 hours after boarding they decided to offload us all and find another plane. The new one had 140 fewer seats so not everyone made it on. Sad However, we were lucky and got seats and we took off at 12.40am instead of 5.20pm. Little geetee has been suffering badly from the jetlag (probably because I let her sleep until noon yesterday!) and she was up for about 3 or 4 hours last night. A whole day at school should sort that out for tonight though.

Anyway, no more Whistler for us for a while. We might make it out next summer instead but I'm hoping we'll definitely do Easter 2011. I'll keep an eye out for a Whistler thread next season though - I think you should start one off for us!
ski holidays
Well I arrived home from Whistler yesterday afternoon.

Overall impression - really loved the skiing area, the villages were nice although a little Disney, and I think i've put on a few Kgs from being there!

I found it hard to judge the difficulty of the slopes - being used to the grading system in Europe I found myself approaching blues in canada with less trepidation that I might approach a red in europe and yet in many cases they are probably of similar steepness.

The mountain hosting is a really good idea and not something i've ever come across in Europe. Favourite skiing area - symphony area i think, maybe harmony or possibly 7th heaven. The snow was reasonable when we arrived - the bottom of Balckcomb was still covered in snow, buyt at the end of 9 days the run back into blackcomb was nearly rock/grass/mud. Mostly all week any snow below the halfway point up Solar Coaster express was pretty slushy, and the real low slopes were real leg-breakers so we spent the week downloading in the Wizard chair. A couple of excellent days due to the large ~25cm snowfall in one day and blue skies the next

We stayed at the Fairmont which was a real change from the ClubHotels i would normally use in Europe. The luxury of having a Ski-valet! We were on the breakfast plan so we had breakfast buffet every morning and all my hard work in the gym before we left has now been undone.

What is it with all the Aussies, Kiwis and Brits working over there?! They all seem to be gappers or backpackers and quite frankly couldn't organise a wee wee up in a brewery. The Blackcomb daylodge has to be the worst place I have ever hired my skis from - they just don't have a clue.

Oh, and happy days - I think i'm finally starting to "feel" carved turns, although I'll never be a very good skiier as a week or two a year is all I can stretch to at the moment, mostly due to holiday entitlement from work Sad

Anyway, enjoyed whistler so much that we're thinking of skiing north america next year - possibly Utah.
snow conditions
fleetelise wrote:

What is it with all the Aussies, Kiwis and Brits working over there?! They all seem to be gappers or backpackers and quite frankly couldn't organise a wee wee up in a brewery. The Blackcomb daylodge has to be the worst place I have ever hired my skis from - they just don't have a clue.

End of season syndrome - the prospect of the sack and withdrawal of "free" pass doesn't have much motivating power when the season is virtually over anyway
snow conditions
Anyone doing the 09/10 season? I'm trying to plan mine at the moment but its murder trying to get accommodation because of the winter olympics in Feb 2010.
snow conditions
Skibum22, any luck yet?
latest report
Unfortunately still no luck, may wait until I get over to Whistler in October to sort out a job and accommodation.. its very difficult to organise over the internet and phone. Do you think that leaving it until October is brave or just stupid?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy