Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What no boots?

Poster: A snowHead
I went shopping for Ski boots yesterday and the shop Ellis Brigham didn't have any in my size 24.5. So I thought I'd look at Snow and Rocks internet site, I selected all boots and filtered by male, guess what only one boot and in one size. Anyone else had this experience or is this so called credit crunch mean the UK is empty of ski boots Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think the problem may be the size. Many manufacturers don't seem to make smaller sizes in mens. I was looking for some Atomics and the mens were a far nicer colour but didn't go below 25.5
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just looked at my boots and they are 27!! I guess you have dainty feet. I think there are plenty of other shops out there in addition to S+R/EB...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you looked in the junior sections?

That size probably doesn't make most manufacturers adult categories.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
queen bodecia, big feet fur a burd! I am a UK9 shoe, a 26.5 boot (same shell as 26).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep dainty feet it is. Tried looking for tracksuit trousers the other day as I am on a fitness splurge and not a 28" waist in sight in fact they were all massive. I think that might say something about the people who wear them. Anyway I was lookindg for all mens boots at S+R and there was only one. Hey ho.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm size 8, which is equivalent to Mondo 27...

And yes, I do hate my big feet...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen bodecia, arv, who's right one of you is size 9 a 26.5 boot and the other is size 8 and 27.0? im confused???
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
aw-hicks, queen bodecia's boots are too big wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimore wrote:
I went shopping for Ski boots yesterday and the shop Ellis Brigham didn't have any in my size 24.5. So I thought I'd look at Snow and Rocks internet site, I selected all boots and filtered by male, guess what only one boot and in one size. Anyone else had this experience or is this so called credit crunch mean the UK is empty of ski boots Puzzled

That is size 5 (UK) shoes.

I imagine you have some difficulty in finding adult men's shoes to fit you too.

But in S&R, hey don't even have any Junior boots to fit you listed on their website. Sad

EB only do whole sizes in the junior boots - you have a choice of three at either 24.0 or 25.0.

Actually, the ranges do seem very limited this year altogether.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
24.5 mens ski boots are made by Atomic and Head (at least) My OH measured by CEM, was looking for an Atomic B100 boot in a 24.5 a couple of winters ago. Small sizes don't seem to be imported in volume by the shops in the UK. He was eventually fitted by CEM in a Head 10.8SH3 in a 25.0 supplied by Filarinskis in Havant.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimore, Lockwoods at Leamington Spa might be worth a call.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That is size 5 (UK) shoes.

I imagine you have some difficulty in finding adult men's shoes to fit you too.

But in S&R, hey don't even have any Junior boots to fit you listed on their website. Sad

EB only do whole sizes in the junior boots - you have a choice of three at either 24.0 or 25.0.

Actually, the ranges do seem very limited this year altogether.[/quote]

I wear a UK7 Euro 41 and have a "comfort fit" in a mondo 25 as fitted by CEM
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Following on from the point about CEM, he could also be worth a call. Even if he does not have stock to fit you, there is a good chance that he knows somebody who has.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
aw-hicks wrote:
queen bodecia, arv, who's right one of you is size 9 a 26.5 boot and the other is size 8 and 27.0? im confused???

neither! it depends on so many factors
best thing to do is to ignor what is on the box and trust the shell, afterall that is the toughest bit to adjust, the lienr will stretch out very quickly the shell needs mechanical help

in the old days.......a mondopoint 27.5 shell had an internal length of 27.5cm + 1.5cm to acount for toe space and the liner, the problem is that unless you were being measured correctly and fitted this often felt too short in the shop....being as 90% + of ski boots are sold on the basis of can i try that blue one and the manufacturers want people to find their boots comfortable out the box [BTW manufactueres don't care if your liners pack out after a couple of weeks so long as they feel instantly good] the 1.5cm liner/toes space has increased in certain models more than others some have as much as 3.5cm just so people will buy their measured size. rolling eyes rolling eyes

morale of the story is that you need to ignor the box, the measured size is just a starting point, all measurers are foot sizers not boot sizers [even the manufacturers own measurers are as far out as they can be], it is best to use a completely independent measurer and and put your foot in the shell queen bodecia, i fear that your boots may well be too big
snow report
skimore, back tyo the OP got a couple of mens race and de tuned race in 24/24.5 but as has been said many of the manufacturers don't make a boot in that size, and even fewer retailers stock them... the solution may be a ladies boot in a neutral colour ..there are a few out there where you can't tell the difference
snow report
Another 43 Eu (8.5UK?) in 26 shells over here!
latest report
Oh well, I'll just have to grow bigger feet! The size conversion scale on S&R website and in Decathlon says Mondo 27 is the same as UK8, EUR42. I didn't see a reason to argue with that...
ski holidays
queen bodecia, CEM is one of the best boot fitters around. Nottingham isn't too far from Bicester - you might find a visit worthwhile.
snow report
queen bodecia, whatever
ski holidays
queen bodecia,

but on this chart it isn't
http://www.telemark.org.nz/index.php?module=pagesetter&func=viewpub&tid=2&pid=39

All 30" jeans or size 8 shoes aren't the same size either.

Part of this video shows how to check the shell size
http://broadbandsports.com/node/14923&loc=mostpop
ski holidays
I've only just bought these boots. I admit I probably need new footbeds and heat-moulding, but if they're too big (they feel fine to me) then I'll just have to go with it, such is the expense of these things. Better too big than too small anyway, I can wear more socks and have warmer feet. Bonus... Very Happy

Thanks for the advice folks...

P.S. My old boots were 27s too...
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
........... Better too big than too small anyway, I can wear more socks and have warmer feet. Bonus... Very Happy ..

For pain, definitely. But not for control.
snow report
Ah well, my control is rubbish anyhoo... Very Happy

I totally accept all points raised, but budgetry constraints mean I'm pretty tied. The boots felt fine in the shop and my old boots, also size 27, were fine for 14 years! I daresay I have been doing it wrong all these years but it doesn't seem to have done me any harm...

If I ever get an unexpected windfall, expensive proper fitting boots might make it on to my shopping list...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy