Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

backpacks

Poster: A snowHead
Im buying a backpack to go skiing with, preferably with chest and waist straps for stability, anyone got any good packs / can reccomend any would be greatly appreciated, im looking to spend about £60 or under!

thanks
Gavin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gdizzle, Kind of depends what you want it for - just to hold a layer, a mars bar and your phone? To be able to put a water bladder in? To be able to have layers, water, food, shovel, tranceiver etc...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm also looking for a small back pack. No bladder required.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
2000overdrive wrote:
gdizzle, Kind of depends what you want it for - just to hold a layer, a mars bar and your phone? To be able to put a water bladder in? To be able to have layers, water, food, shovel, tranceiver etc...

Agreed. It really depends what you're going to use it for. That will determine your preferences for weight, size, etc.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got a camelbak menace that I'm never going to use so its going on Ebay. This one but looks a bit different
http://www.ukbikesdepot.com/products.php?plid=m2b10s344p441&rs=gb
I live in Edinburgh so could meet up if you think its the sort of thing you're after, looking for £40 for it if you're interested, its brand new with all the tags still on.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dakine Heli Pro, couldn't ask for more (except A frame ski carry but the compression straps take care of that..)

http://www.facewest.co.uk/Dakine-07-Girls-Heli-Pro.html

The above is one for the ladys but you could search around pretty easy and find a guys version..
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TK Maxx.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
welshflyer, what is this TK Maxx you speak of? Is it a brand of bag???

Puzzled

Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cheers they both look like good bags, i was sort of looking for something just to ski around with and carry a spare layer, spare hat, mars bar (sounds like a good idea) gloves maybe, also something that looks cool... the dakine heli pro looks pretty smart, i dont really care that its for girls, ill be a metrosexual! lynseyf, if its beige i think ill give it a miss:-P !!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
gdizzle, just get the dudes one, exactly the same, probably be able to pick it up for the same price if you look about.

I use mine for extra layer/juice etc.

776954159a8340595136l
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.s2as.com/p/p-Dakine_Heli_Pro_20ltr_Backpack_2009-690.aspx
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
shoogly,

It's a chain of "department" stores that sells last seasons designer gear cheap. There's lots of rubbish but there are also good bargains. During the build up to the ski season I go to their shops about once a week to pick up bargains because they get new stock in regularly.

This year I picked up a Quiksilver Goretex shell jacket for £100 (label price £270) and some good ski socks and base layers. A couple of years ago I bought a proper "off piste" 25 litre Scott backpack for £25.

Sorry I've just seen that you and qdrizzle are in Scotland. There is only one TK Maxx store in Scotland in Braehead.

Snow & Rock and Ellis Brigham have loads of good backpacks and do mail order.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
welshflyer, there a load of Tk Maxx stores here.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lynseyf wrote:
I've got a camelbak menace that I'm never going to use so its going on Ebay. This one but looks a bit different
http://www.ukbikesdepot.com/products.php?plid=m2b10s344p441&rs=gb
I live in Edinburgh so could meet up if you think its the sort of thing you're after, looking for £40 for it if you're interested, its brand new with all the tags still on.

I've been thinking about getting one of these Im interested, depending on the colour ( Embarassed ) and if you're prepared to post.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
gingerpaul, does beige not go with being ginger... also youtube the song ginger by tim minchin, its great!
latest report
welshflyer, yeah what are you talking about, we have far more than one tk maxx store. we also have more tartan specific shops than anywhere else in the world so i bet your gutted about that! if anyones interested ive customised my helmet, ive put one of those "jimmy hats" the tartan things with the red bobble on top and ginger hair coming off the back, it keeps the back of your neck really warm and also removes any potential "geek gap" (gap between top of goggles and rim of helmet which can create a slightly bizzare tan line).
snow conditions
gdizzle, "gaper gap" also works.
snow report
We're a bit gear snobby. wink Kids have- a Burton desert camo,a little DC number, a Deuter Crossrider (stunning quality) and a Karrimor helmet carrying jobby. Me- TNF (falling to bits), Missus- A small Mammut climbing sack which is bullet proof.
Deuter, Osprey and Ortovox are right at the top in my view.
snow report
Cant go wtong with the Heli pro or the north fave off schute bag both great go everywhere do everything bags
snow conditions
gdizzle,

I didn't see any other TK Maxx shops in Scotland on their website. I keep telling my mate in Edinburgh about TK Maxx. I'll have another look at the TK Maxx website.

In the meantime my mate will have to go to Jenners on Princes St if that's still there. I used to live at the bottom of Morningside Hill. Is there snow on Hillend where I learned to ski?
snow report
welshflyer, there was a little the other week (saw on my way to Glentress), not sure now. There is plenty on the hills here so I would have thought a little.
ski holidays
gdizzle wrote:
gingerpaul, does beige not go with being ginger... also youtube the song ginger by tim minchin, its great!

Laughing Very good! My friends keep trying to make me buy bright red ski jackets because I look somewhat ridiculous in them. I look like a firework.
ski holidays
A quick search found this, which is just what I am looking for...

ski holidays
bar shaker,

Snow & Rock or Ellis Brigham might have it or something very similar check out their websites.
ski holidays
bar shaker,

Ellis Brigham catalogue lists Dakine "Wonder £24.99" 21 litre pack. Can't tell what size the one in your picture is, it looks very small just for a drink system, gloves and goggles. What do you want to carry in it.
snow report
Some practical suggestions below the £60 target..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=310084839706&Category=21229null

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/fr-9-back-pack-sbs-camo-24187444/
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/reverse-2-backpack-47589405/#
snow report
welshflyer wrote:

Ellis Brigham catalogue lists Dakine "Wonder £24.99" 21 litre pack. Can't tell what size the one in your picture is, it looks very small just for a drink system, gloves and goggles. What do you want to carry in it.

Drink, gloves and goggles Laughing

Its 4 litres, so I should get a thin fleece in there, Mobli, camera, a small drink, goggles and a couple of Mars bars. I'm looking for something small that will free my pockets up but will create the minimum restriction to movement and balance.

I'm off to Ipswich this afternoon and the board shop there have these. £40. Result.
ski holidays
Got the Glacier. Very nice! and just the right size so that Mrs Shaker can't load me up with the kitchen sink. Quality 2ltr bladder in it too.

That's an awful lot of Bombay + tonic Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dakine have been bought out by Billabollox as the whole surfwear thing is on it's back bottom. Dakine could soon become 'wannabe' wear too.
ski holidays
Mollerski, Sad
latest report
Puzzled
ski holidays
When I was windsurfing their harnesses were in a class of their own. I bought Dakine rather than use the free ones from my sponsors.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy