Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lake Louise Super-G (Contains spoiler)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
"You've been Herminated!"
Fantastic, well done Herman Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good to see the Big Man on the top step. Awesome for him Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good to see Hermann was humble and honest in the interview afterwards. He thanked all the people who had helped him (esp with his back injury) and admitted there was a bit of luck in there (10th place start). That was his goal for the season (to win one race), I was half expecting him to say this would be his last season after he had achieved that.

Bode was awesome too. I'd probably panic skiing at 100 km but Bode losing a ski and staying upright with one ski at that speed was fantastic to watch. Bode was the only one who came near to threatening Hermann's first place finish too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Really excellent to see the Herminator winning again - first time since 2006 apparently. I hope his back injury doesn't interfere too much as the season gets underway. Good to see 2 "olduns" on the podium.

Wasn't the Super G so much more engaging than the Downhill yesterday? Great result for Peter Fill, though the weather undoubtedly assisted his win.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Garmisch 28 Jan 2006 was his last win, that's nearly 3 years ago. Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great stuff Hermann. Love it.Cool Cool ladies slalom was veryu exciting too. Great sport all weekend, and yes - the SG was much more exciting than the DH but then it always is unless the DH is more like and SG! Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think this will be his last season, although he continually hints about the Vancouver Olympics, so you never know wink

I'm hoping I will see him win at the Kitzbuhel Super-G on 23rd January, he was so close last year and no-one on the circuit knows the Streif better. Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BTW did anyone notice that Finlay Mickel finished 43rd in the DH from a start number of 66. Let's hope this means he's on his way back. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, actually, given the way the commentators were suggesting that the DH conditions deteriorated as the event progressed, that's probably not a bad effort considering his injury last season. As you say, lets hope he is indeed on his way back.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

did anyone notice that Finlay Mickel finished 43rd in the DH from a start number of 66

But to put that in perspective, what about Carlo Janka finishing 2nd from a start number of 65!!!!!!!!!!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chasseur, to beat your seeding by 20+ places is always pretty good, and it definitely seemed to get much worse as the even went on. The main thing is for him to get a better start number for the Birds of Prey and to be in good shape - now THAT's a real DH. Shocked

Acacia, Extraordinary!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chasseur wrote:
Good to see 2 "olduns" on the podium.

Didier Cuche (who I really like because he's full of humour which is untypical for the Swiss) is quoted as saying "Maier is Maier, but I hope it's not the Maier of old because otherwise it's not looking too good for the rest of us" Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy