Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier - Villeneuve vs. Chantemerle Apres-ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I'm heading to Serre Chevalier on 31 Jan 2009 but haven't decided on which resort as yet. I know there are a few threads which touch on the difference between the towns in SC but they didnt really go into the apres-ski. We are a group of 10-12 friends and family and although we're not looking for anything mad, we would like a few lively bars/restaurants after the skiing day ends.

I like the compact look of Chantemerle (and the access to the mountain seems more straightforward) and have found a couple of nice chalets there but I hear that it is very quiet after 7pm - anyone got any first hand experience?

Any advice/suggestions/tips appreciated!!

Thanks

Kevin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi Kevin,
Chantemerle is quieter than villeneuve but there are plenty of decent apres ski bars, besides if there is that many of you you will bring the party with you.

Extreme bar is good fun, Saloon is much more lively. The irish bar is also good.

What do you want for apres ski?

villeneuve is ok, it has la grotte and le frog and mojos, live music in the grott.

chantemerle is a great place and is really the center of serre chevalier valley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Snowangel

Mainly just looking for lively bars that have the capacity to liven us up when the legs are aching after a hard days skiing! The worry is that the bars are all dead in the evening but even if there are 2 or 3 lively bars, that would probably do us.

Kevin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy