Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hiring equipment online

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

We're off to Serre Chevalier at Christmas and I was thinking of booking ski hire on-line.
I did the same in Verbier last February which worked ok

I was just wondering about other peoples experiences/opinions/thoughts on this ...

Is any one site better than any other? snowrental/skiset/snowbrainer etc
Is any one particularly cheaper?
Has anybody had any bad experiences e.g. Lost bookings
Do you really get the 25% (or whatever) discount by booking online or do you find it's actually the same price when you get there
Any other opinions?

Many thanks,

Ed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i'd be interested to see replies to this post too.

other thing i have been wondering is if you pre-order the wrong length ski is it possible to change?
when we last asked for 100cm ski's (snowdome) the bindings wouldn't fit our new ski boots so we had to go up to 110. the online bookings seem to be very specifi about ski size that is booked and say swops may not be possible.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm not going to claim to be an expert, but from what I've experienced:

Quality of rental kit seems to vary from resort to resort...I've used SkiSet and Twinner a fair bit, and Intersport. Don't really like SkiSet, but I think they tend to be a shade cheaper than the others (haven't used the other two you quote).

Never had anybody lose bookings, but exactly what a 'booking' gives you varies - sometimes just a discount, sometimes they have a pair of skis with your name stuck on (which is annoying given that I always want something different Smile ). I've never had a problem swapping to different pairs, though I tend not go peak season.

Cost, yes you'll end up paying 20-30% less than if you walked in off the street and just paid up. The price you pay is basically the same price (presumably slightly higher than) the TOs pay when they bulk-rent. You can often walk in off the street and ask for a discount though...at least at the 'mainstream' places. I always booked online to save money...though it also helped if the rental company had a map showing where the shop was so you can work out if it's near or not.

Your call though - if you're going to spit the dummy because they don't have a pair of Scott Missions in your size, then don't book online snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy