Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel - Ideal for a beginner or not?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking about doing a Ski season in Kitzbuhel but have heard rumors that this is not ideal for a beginner.

I was thinking that I wont be a beginner for long as i will be skiing alot and hoped to move to intermediate quickly? Will there be enough scope in Kitz for me to make this progression???

Thoughts?

In addition, as posted before I am looking for a balance betwen chilling out/appreciating my sorroundings and partying/good cafes & restraunts and mixing with a good range of people (not to young). Is Kitz my answer

Is Kitz quite a big resort and have lots to do aprt from skiing?

Also heard its expensive...in what respect is it expensive?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kitzbühel is pretty cheap in comparison to other Austrian resorts like St Anton and Ischgl. It's also a large town and the ski area is pretty big (maybe not by French standards). The skiing is fairly easy. Even the black runs aren't too scary. You also have access to other neighbouring resorts on the Ski Welt circuit...

I would say it's a great place to do a season, they only potential downside is that it's pretty low and often there is no snow at resort level...

Nightlife is great and there are loads of shops, plus a leisure centre. Then there's Salzburg only an hour or so away. Go for it...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Queen B.....have you done a season at Kitz? Do you know of any accommodation?

Is it such a bid deal that there is no snow at resort level?

When you say cheap...in what respect?

Sorry for my questions is just that i am completely new to this skiing stuff.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I did a season in 3V in France a long time ago. But skied for a week in Kitz last season so still fresh in my memory...

By cheap I meant it was far easier to find good value accommodation in Kitz compared to St Anton for example. Bar and restaurant prices weren't bad either. Certainly a lot cheaper than France but maybe not as cheap as Italy...

I was there in March 2008 and there was no snow at resort level, but once you get to the top of the Hahnenkamm bubble lift it was there in abundance. If often snowed during the night too so there was usually fresh powder to ski in the mornings. Our last day was very warm though and this snow turned to rain which made the skiing quite heavy going (and uncomfortable!)...

I don't know of any accommodation sadly as I booked through a TO and stayed in a hotel...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
went to Kitz last year, just for a week not a season, but compared to other resorts it's pretty cheap as long as you're sensible. Make good use of the spar supermarkets! Actually the mountain bars/food halls are fairly good value compared to the parts of france i've been to.
Nightlife is good and always able to find a party somewhere.
The Horn is the place to go if you're still learning, big wide open runs and lots of snow even when it's raining in the town. a great benifit of Kitz is that it's pasture land so snow when it does fall stays around and wears better than rocky mountainsides. The area's great and you'll love it, but towards the end of the season you'll wnat to move around a fair bit, there's limited expert terrain (or at least when the snow's a bit patchy). Have a great time....i'm jealous!
wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowheads4life, I had my first 2 weeks of skiing in Kitz, and it was great. Agree with stevos999, about the Horn. Lots of nice spaces to cruise.
The DH and his mates made about 10 consecutive trips there over the years, so it was pretty good for intermediates, but a bit spread out over the different mountains compared to places like the 3V or Serre Che or Les Arcs.

The nightlife - well no other resort I have been to has ever lived up to the party atmos of Kitz. It is a pretty town, and the bars and nightlife were pretty buzzing. You do see lots of ladies who lunch in 'nice beaver' coats too, but it is so long ago I couldn't say if it was any cheaper than other places.

Definitely picture postcard. I cried when I had to go home Crying or Very sad , it made such an impact on me [and my liver Toofy Grin ]

I echo queen bodecia, Go for it. It will be great.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy